+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3736381;
    Lil Bit, I had 3 of them 2 years ago. 2 were so severe that they were on the verge of perforating. I have been taking my medication faithfully for 2 years, but the pain last night and where it's located is exactly like the pain I was having 2 years ago. And my medication for acid reduction isn't working as well as it has been, so have to wonder. Just what I need. I have got to eliminate some of the stress in my life, but what to eliminate? Work? School? Those are the 2 major ones. I'm hoping that the dr. will call me back this morning. She's very nice and takes time with me which I like and maybe we can just change the medication and not go through the endoscopy like 2 years ago.
    Perhaps the blood test will show the presence of H.pylori, in which case antibiotics can resolve the problem? Often it's this bacteria which causes ulcers, and stress isn't so much a factor.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Sherri, a helpful tip if the main problem is an enlarged liver. I've just gone through the same thing (excruciating pain, seeing my liver poking up when I'm lying on my back - yikes! and the attendant tests), and I've found that switching my diet to mainly soups helped tremendously as it eased the digestive system that was being squeezed by the giant liver. Hopefully it is nothing more than that and soft foods do help.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Ditto to what Rattus said about the diet. I have had similar pain and it was found to be from a fatty liver. There was literally fat on the liver. I've always had liver problems (high enzyme levels that was due to birth control pills) so this wasn't the first. Change in diet and losing weight helped this immensely. Now that i've gained back, it's starting again. It begins when I eat too much.

My mom was recently told she has a fatty liver. The doctor asked her if she was a drinker, and she said no, never. He told her it would help the condition if she drank a cocktail a day...even a glass or wine. She said no, it just wasn't her thing.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

MRD - Ellen took the words right outta my mouth. I'm not an expert on ulcers (my dad had bleeding ones but he kept his suffering to himself mostly), but I have heard of what she mentions in her post.

Even though my dad didn't share openly about his own problem, it was often obvious the pain & discomfort he was in. I hope you find relief.

MRD

The first time around I was negative for that. They thought that because I took high dosages of Ibruprofen for my fibromyalgia that is what caused them. I got off of those, but because of the dental surgery, they have had me on pain killers, both presription and otherwise (no Ibruprofen), so was wondering if there was a relationship with that and with stress and not eating correctly because since school started, we have devolved into eating on the run, eating what was easiest, etc. And the pain is worse when I'm really stressed over something which I was last night.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;3736477;
    My mom was recently told she has a fatty liver. The doctor asked her if she was a drinker, and she said no, never. He told her it would help the condition if she drank a cocktail a day...even a glass or wine. She said no, it just wasn't her thing.
    I know this isn't funny but it hasn't helped my condition!

I do know that the docs can tell if the issues with the liver are caused by drinking or not. Mine was not. Even though, I gave it a good try.

In the words of the immortal King of Cool: I feel sorry for you folks who don't drink, cause when you wake up that's the best you're going to feel all day. My liver probably has the Brooks Stevens MILLER soft cross on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

If one person in a couple does ALL the work for taxes, is it SO unreasonable to expect the other member of the couple to NOT throw away the effin receipt that the tax-doing, freelance-working, Schedule C-keeping person needs for her tax records?
    AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

P.S. If your answer is "no," I don't want to hear it. The above is a rhetorical question.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3738765;
    If one person in a couple does ALL the work for taxes, is it SO unreasonable to expect the other member of the couple to NOT throw away the effin receipt that the tax-doing, freelance-working, Schedule C-keeping person needs for her tax records?
    AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

P.S. If your answer is "no," I don't want to hear it. The above is a rhetorical question.
    You surely won't get a "no" from me, being the person who also does all the work for the taxes in my house. I feel your pain.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread