+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Sherri, I can imagine the stress and worry your'e going thru--nothinglike health issues to really to really push you to the max! Sending prayers and positive vibes that all is good and manageable.

Sherri, I imagine that your family is used to you being the strong one and the caretaker and don't quite know how to respond to you not feeling well. That happened to me about 10 years ago and I remember that I felt hurt that they didn't know how to help me. I finally figured out that I had to let them know what I needed and most of the time they came through. I remember that my son's way of dealing with the stress was to be hungry all the time and to be worried about that. It drove me a little crazy! He is now older and much more able to think about others. I will be thinking of you and hope that your medical appt goes well with a good prognosis.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3735710;
    I'm trying so hard to be "up" about the whole situation, but in a way that's part of the problem. I have spent my whole life fixing things for everyone else and am now seeing that when I might need something, they probably won't be there.
    Hoo...boy...

Can I relate to that.

I have been living in your shoes. A few years ago, however, I realized that I was suffering from depression. That was the first thing I just could NOT fix myself.

I got help and with the understanding of my husband and some family, got better. But it was really frustrating to not be able to just snap my fingers and fix it on my own.

I might suggest that you explain to your family what you are going through and "offer" them your need for help, support, assistance. You might be surprised to see them step up to the plate. They just might be so used to you "doing" for them, they are not able to recognize when you need them to do for you.

Good luck. I hope too that it's worry for nothing.

Sherri - I am so sorry to hear about your situation. You have all my best hopes and prayers that your appointment goes well and that it is nothing serious,

Sherri - I am thinking of you and your family and keeping positive thoughts
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I think the ulcers I had 2 years ago have come back. I've been thinking this for a few weeks now and last night had an episode that was so familiar to the problems I had 2 years ago that I think they are back. It's not like I'm stressed or anything. Have called the dr. for an appt. But there's not much I can do to eliminate stress right now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sherri, I hope you know that whatever it is, you're in our thoughts and prayers.

MRD, feel better!

Sherri - You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your appointment goes well. Try to keep positive thoughts.

MRD - Ulcer? Geez, that's just what you need right now. I hope it's not too serious. I have a friend who we think (amateur doctors that we are) may have an ulcer, but he won't go to the doctor to get it checked out because he has no insurance. I hope you're feeling better soon.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3736378;
    Sherri - You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your appointment goes well. Try to keep positive thoughts.

MRD - Ulcer? Geez, that's just what you need right now. I hope it's not too serious. I have a friend who we think (amateur doctors that we are) may have an ulcer, but he won't go to the doctor to get it checked out because he has no insurance. I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Lil Bit, I had 3 of them 2 years ago. 2 were so severe that they were on the verge of perforating. I have been taking my medication faithfully for 2 years, but the pain last night and where it's located is exactly like the pain I was having 2 years ago. And my medication for acid reduction isn't working as well as it has been, so have to wonder. Just what I need. I have got to eliminate some of the stress in my life, but what to eliminate? Work? School? Those are the 2 major ones. I'm hoping that the dr. will call me back this morning. She's very nice and takes time with me which I like and maybe we can just change the medication and not go through the endoscopy like 2 years ago.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I am thinking of you today Sherri. Praying for good news.
    MRD - Sounds like you have a good doctor. They seem so hard to find these days. Hang in there and hopefully you will feel better soon as well.

+ Reply to Thread