+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2005Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3734105;
    All of the above, and I find if walk around some and stretch it helps. Mine will do that if I sit at my drawing board too long. Hope you feel better soon.
    After you walk around and stretch do you get back to the drawing board?
    Bad-um-Ching! I'll be here all year!

(sorry, I just couldn't help it)

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3734575;
    After you walk around and stretch do you get back to the drawing board?
    Bad-um-Ching! I'll be here all year!

(sorry, I just couldn't help it)
    Yes, unless I go through a creativity block...which is what I'm going through right now.

Over the past several months, I've been having a lot of pain in my back, specifically the rib area, on the right side. When it got to bad I'd make a trip to my chiropractor, who would adjust the ribs, assuming they were out because of a nasty cough I have and just can't seem to shake. The Doctor has tried several things for the cough, and can relieve it temporarily, but it always comes back.

Two weeks ago, while at work, the pain in my ribs migrated to the front and was just excruciating. I made it through work and went straight to my chiropractor. He adjusted me, but recommended going to my regular doctor. The next morning the pain was minimal and I went to work. Within 3 hours I was doubled over and in tears. Since I have had issues with my colon they assumed that was it, and scheduled a colonoscopy. The appointment wasn't scheduled until tomorrow and in the meantime, I just had to deal with the pain. They did not want to give me pain meds, until they know what they are dealing with. So in the mean time, I've only made it through 2 full days of work in the last two weeks, I only sleep for 1-2 hours at a time and have started throwing up, up to 10 times a day.

Last Tuesday the nurse called and told me because of some concerns with blood work that had come back, I was scheduled for an ultra sound the next morning. They finally called back on Friday, and want me to come in for a consult with the doctor tomorrow. She finally told me that my liver is "quite enlarged" and that there are spots that they are concerned about. And now I can't get any pain meds because they all go through the liver and they don't want to aggravate what's already going on.

So the good news is they cancelled the colonoscopy, sorry, but I hate those things. But now I'm sitting here, with every imaginable bad scenario, running through my head. I have no insurance, and the thought of the possibilities of what might be coming makes me sick.

My family has no idea what's going on. G knows I have left work several times for being sick but he has never asked what's going on or if I'm ok. He knows I don't ever leave work, for any reason, so his non-interest has pretty much confirmed where our relationship really is. Looks like 28 years down the drain to me!

I'm so sorry, Sherri. Dealing with physical pain, emotional pain, fear, stress from no insurance, on top of worrying about your job. That's an awful lot to deal with. Try to relax if you can. The more you tense up, the more pain there is. I know that's easier to say than to do. When I had chemo I had some great relaxation tapes I listened to that helped. When will you have some kind of diagnosis?
    Count your blessings!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Sherri, I'm sorry. I can feel part of your pain - I'm having excruciating back pain right now and can't do anything about it because I also have no insurance.

But I'm sorry about the rest. I do have the sympathy and assist of a man who is doing what he can to help me. It's so sad that you have only coldness from yours.

Hopefully tomorrow there will be some answers. I'm trying so hard to be "up" about the whole situation, but in a way that's part of the problem. I have spent my whole life fixing things for everyone else and am now seeing that when I might need something, they probably won't be there. But, things will work out the way they are meant to.

It's my youngest son I worry about the most. He's 15 and is the only one who really has a clue about how sick I have been. I've tried to keep as much of it from him as I possibly can, but we actually spend a lot of time together and I know he see's more than he lets on. His relationship with his dad and older siblings is almost none existant and I know he worries about what would happen if I wasn't here.

Hopefully it turns out to be something minor and all the worrying has been for nothing.

From your mouth to God's ear.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Sherri, I know it's not easy, but try not to "borrow trouble" as my mother used to say. Wait until you get the results from the doctor. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
    Just a small word of advice. My daughter ALWAYS could tell when something was wrong and she was about 15 when she finally put her foot down and asked us to quit treating her like a baby and let her know what was going on. Usually what she pictured was so much worse than actually was, so it helped her not stress out to be kept in the loop.
    And for what it's worth, I had friends who were on the verge of splitting up when one got sick. What they went through together, actually brought them closer and they looked back on it as a "gift" because it did show them how much they really did mean to each other and that their marriage was worth fighting for.
    I don't know your situation in that regard, but maybe it won't be as bad as you think.
    I know it must be stressful dealing with all this. But take some time out for yourself and Gut is right about the relaxation tapes. That stuff can help immensely. She has taught me a LOT about the mind/body connection and how it can affect the health, both good and bad.

Sending good thoughts your way.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sherri, feel better, and I hope your doctor's appointment goes as well as possible.

Sherri, I'm so sorry you're having such pain and stress. I'll be praying it is something minor that can be remedied quickly.

+ Reply to Thread