+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

MisterSSS, I am so sorry to hear about this.
    It is very understandable, though, to have conflicted emotions about it.
    My thoughts and prayers go to your entire family.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3725062;
    Worst. Weekend. Ever.

Long story short, I learned my father attempted to murder my mother by poisoning her drinks and was going to set it up as a suicide. His plan was to murder her so this younger woman he's been seeing can move in with him.

I am so torn. I hate my dad for doing this, but he's done so much for me also. I want to say I hate him, but then I'll feel guilt. I want to say I love him still, but I can't get past the fact that he planned something so horrible.

I'm not sure this is appropriate to post here, but I felt like venting. If it's not appropriate, then mods please remove this.
    So sorry to hear this. How was he found out? Is he being charged? How is your mom? I'm sure you are and will be conflicted for some time to come. Vent here any time.
    Count your blessings!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Welllllll....

Everything's subjective, isn't it?

Yes, my situation SUCKS. But OMG - nobody in my family tried to kill anyone else...

Not making light, just shaking my head at the wonder of the levels of S U C K in people's lives.

MisterSSS, that's just unfathomable to me. I hope you have some support to cope with this. OMG...

Fierce - sorry to hear about your problems with moving. Why can't your inlaws get their renters to leave? I hope things work out for you.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

From what I've heard, it's very very hard to evict. They were given warning that their lease wouldn't be renewed (at least I hope my in-laws were smart enough to do that with plenty of notice), but they don't WANT to leave.

It's especially harder in the cold months. And MN already got snow.

Thanks, we're already working on Plan B.

Fierce, hope you find a place soon! Or maybe those pesky people will move out in time for you to move in!

Mistersss, I hope you find peace in your life!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Well, I've posted about this elsewhere, but not on this thread. The guy in my av is my son-in-law, Jimmy. He is the reason I'm a hockey mom! He plays, referees and coaches hockey, so he's in pretty good shape.

About five weeks ago he was having some terrible headaches that he thought were sinus-related - and also having some neurological "episodes" that neither he nor my daughter, Jessica, understood. When Jess explained his symptoms to me, they sounded just like what happened to me when I was having seizures (from a brain injury). Since he hadn't hit his head or had any other health issues, they went directly to the ER. (Jess works in the pre-op at that hospital, so fortunately they know her there and treat her right.)

They did a CAT scan and saw something, but wanted to follow up with an MRI to get a clearer picture. The MRI confirmed he has a tumor in his brain.

There is another hospital near their home that has a better neuro department, so he was transferred there. The docs ordered a biopsy. Turns out he has a malignant tumor, an Oligoastrocytoma Grade 2 (whatever that means...) on his frontal lobe. I can't find a lot of info on this. Fortunately, they believe it is a slow-growing tumor. (Good news?) I don't know enough about the issue, so I'm not great about the details. It seems the tumor is too close to other parts of his brain that the risks of removing it are too great - they might damage his speech, memory and ability to communicate effectively (which are the symptoms I had/have when I have seizures).

So the docs decided to treat it with radiation. He is 3 1/2 weeks into a 5-week treatment. It's a lot harder on him than was predicted. Of course they want him to give up hockey - and take up something less dangerous, but where he can remain active. He has gained about 20 pounds so far - which is worrysome in itself - but is also troubling because both his parents are morbidly obese. All of this is just piling on the inevitable depression. He is on some sort of steroid treatment - I'm not sure of the purpose - and that doesn't help with the weight gain or the depression.

I know when I've had steriod treatments, they have affected my mood almost immediately, causing a horrible crash in my mood.

Jess and Jimmy don't have any kids (although they've been married ten years), so they just have a little one-bedroom apartment with not a whole lot of room for visitors. Jimmy's mom, who now lives in D.C. came down there immediately, of course, but stayed at the apartment - which I guess worked out okay, until she started parading the entire hockey community through the apartment. And that piles more stress on Jess to take care of Jimmy, the house and her stressful job.

With both of them being so overwhelmed with all of this, Jimmy's family is all coming down to visit this week. (Parents and 5 siblings!) Jessica just had to put her foot down and tell them there isn't room for all of them there, and fortunately with the hockey people being a pretty tight bunch, one of them has offered a condo for the family to stay in. What a relief for them.

So now it's just a waiting game. These things are not supposed to happen! They just come out of the blue and slap families upside the head - ruining so many lives. I'm so frustrated not being able to help, but I know another body down there (in Florida) won't do anybody any good. I've told my daughter I've got a suitcase ready to go, and if she needs me I can be there pretty much within a day. I just hope that doesn't happen.
    Last edited by J.D.; 10-15-2009 at 07:40 AM.

You're right about the steroids causing weight gain and altering one's emotions. Zac would turn in to an eating machine when he was on those. Talk about emotional? One night he threw a fit because I couldn't spend the night with him. You would have thought I told him I was never going to see him again.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3728259;
    These things are not supposed to happen! They just come out of the blue and slap families upside the head - ruining so many lives.
    My heart goes out to you J.D.

I am so sorry JD. Yeah, my dad was on heavy duty steroids and he became very angry and aggressive at times (unlike his normal self). I'm sorry you're going through all this. Vent away, and I hear you about getting slapped upside of the head. We were trucking along as a family, and my dad and sister got severely ill within a year of each other They'll need your help at some point, I'm sure. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers

JD, Years ago my ex mother-in-law had a tumor in her frontal lobe. It would appear and disappear almost at whim. I think the hardest thing would be dealing with the extra people in the house. Hopefully the radiation will shrink his tumor. Many healing thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

+ Reply to Thread