+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3719353;
    Cancer sucks.
    So true. 3 years ago my stepdad died of pancreatic cancer at the same hospice my sister's friend died at. Luckily for us, he had an amazing quality of life right up to the end. 12 hours before he died I was there with my twins, celebrating their 6th birthday with cupcakes and presents from "papa" - the tumor started to bleed just after we went home, and he passed fairly peacefully the next morning.

I hate cancer. I hate everything about it. I hate how it strikes people, good people, for no good reason. I hate how it takes over your body and destroys you, and we fight and fight and it doesn't seem to make any difference. We're so advanced as a society, why can't we figure this out?????

As you can see, I'm mad.

MRD

I know this doesn't help, but the reason more people get cancer today is that we've managed to find cures and treatments for the other diseases that would shorten a person's lifetime. Often before they might have had a chance to develop cancer. But as we've made inroads on heart disease, death by childbirth, diabetes, and diseases like smallpox, cholera, typhoid, etc., we have also made amazing inroads on some cancers. Many are survivable now that weren't 20 years ago. It just seems to be taking a LONG time to make any progress it seems. But there is hope, one day.
    My thoughts go out to all of you affected by cancer. I too have lost loved ones to it and it does suck.

Bad news: more oral surgery scheduled for Thur.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks everyone...Hugs to everyone else who is struggling.

MRD, you're right, there have been huge improvements in cancer treatment, as well as other diseases, but it just doesn't seem fast enough, you know? And good luck with the dental surgery coming up. I'm so freaked out by the dentist, I know I'm one of those patients they hate because the stress level rises whenever I'm there. Hope it goes really well.

I go to a great cancer support group. It isn't just for people who have/had cancer. Lots of times we get people who are dealing with the cancer of a spouse or other family member. If you are dealing with this horrible disease in any way, consider going to a local group for support. Ours is through the hospital, but a local church has one, too.
    Count your blessings!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Just when we were close to having the $$ we need for our move from Michigan to Minnesota in November, we found out the house my husband's parents were going to rent to us isn't available because they can't get the current renters to leave.

This means we would have to try to save the $$ to rent something from someone else right off the bat. On unemployment income, no job waiting, and poor credit history (my husband has had 3 companies fail and lay him off in 11 years), we don't know if this will even be possible. We also have pets that are non-negotiable - where we go, they go. So finding something in our price range that'd even LOOK at renting to us is going to be incredibly difficult.

My husband is so upset right now he's just depressed and going to sleep off the disappointment. I feel like following.

I'm so sorry that your housing fell through, Fierce Critter. I'm a pet owner so I know how difficult it is to find a decent rental that accepts pets. I wish you the best of luck with your search. When I wanted to move a few months ago I was terrified I would never find a place. I found a cute carriage house in my price range that accepted pets through Craig's List of all places. I hope it turns out as well for you.
    Last edited by brunette trixie; 10-11-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Worst. Weekend. Ever.

Long story short, I learned my father attempted to murder my mother by poisoning her drinks and was going to set it up as a suicide. His plan was to murder her so this younger woman he's been seeing can move in with him.

I am so torn. I hate my dad for doing this, but he's done so much for me also. I want to say I hate him, but then I'll feel guilt. I want to say I love him still, but I can't get past the fact that he planned something so horrible.

I'm not sure this is appropriate to post here, but I felt like venting. If it's not appropriate, then mods please remove this.

Oh my God, MrSSS.... I can't even imagine how you must be feeling.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MisterSSS - I'm so sorry this happened. I can't imagine how you must feel. I do think that you can love a person and hate what they did. How is your mother doing? I'm sending you good thoughts and hoping that you can find the strength to get through this horrible time in your life.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm so sorry, MisterSSS. What a terrible thing to find out about one of your parents. I think it's OK for you to feel however you want about your Dad. Your feelings are probably going to change many times over the coming months.

+ Reply to Thread