+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1953Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

JD, you guys are in my thoughts and prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

My sister lost a friend today to cancer. A single mother of 4 boys, all still in elementary/high school. It's heartbreaking, she lived just a year after diagnosis of colon cancer. Life is so unfair sometimes, she was so brave to the end, but was just too tired of fighting so hard. I am sad and scared stiff, as it seems cancer is like Russian roulette, you just don't know where it will hit.

Just needed to write this. I'm going to go and hug my kids goodnight now.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Oh, Sweetpea, I'm so sorry. It certainly isn't fair. Four little kids who will never be the same - so very sad.

So sad, Sweetpea. Cancer is so terrible. Seems like it is surrounding me too. First my 9 month old grand niece and my brother have surgery in the same week, then last week I found out my friend/supervisor has been told her cancer has returned. Another stem cell transplant in her future. It is not fair, that is for sure.

I am fighting my angst over all this by looking for the good things in life, both simple and grand. Our FORT friends are very good about finding those things to celebrate, and it helps.

Jd, sorry about the diagnosis. It seems your daughter and son-in-law have a good support system in hand.

Sweetpea and Cootie, I'm so sorry to hear your news.

Healing thoughts and prayers to you all!

MRD

Sweetpea, I am so sorry to hear this. I lost a good friend to cancer 3 years ago who also had small children. You wonder why these things happen.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and this family.

Cootie, I am sorry to hear your news as well. Also sending thoughts and prayers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My youngest sister was widowed six years ago. Her oldest had just turned 5 in April of that year - the day after her dad had a bone marrow transplant, and her youngest turned 4 two days before their dad passed away - four months after the transplant.

I was talking to my sister the other day. She has the MIL from hell, so to speak. We were wondering.....is she still technically her MIL??? I mean, in the vows she and her husband took, it was til death do you part. So, is she still her MIL? We don't know! (If they were divorced, her MIL would no longer be her MIL, you know what I mean?)

I guess it is just easier to still call her the MIL, rather than this is my daughter's paternal grandmother.....or my late husband's mother.

Anyone have any ideas?

JD, Sweetpea and Cootie, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this! You'll be in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3719096;
    My youngest sister was widowed six years ago. Her oldest had just turned 5 in April of that year - the day after her dad had a bone marrow transplant, and her youngest turned 4 two days before their dad passed away - four months after the transplant.

I was talking to my sister the other day. She has the MIL from hell, so to speak. We were wondering.....is she still technically her MIL??? I mean, in the vows she and her husband took, it was til death do you part. So, is she still her MIL? We don't know! (If they were divorced, her MIL would no longer be her MIL, you know what I mean?)

I guess it is just easier to still call her the MIL, rather than this is my daughter's paternal grandmother.....or my late husband's mother.

Anyone have any ideas?
    I don't think technically she'd still be considered the MIL, especially if your sister were to remarry. If it were me, in conversation with family or close friends, I would just refer to her by her first name or Mrs. X, since those closest to her would know who she's talking about. If I had to explain the relationship to someone I'd say "the children's other grandmother" or "my late husband's mother" (I know you said that was more to say but she'd only need to say it once, when introducing someone new to the mix.)
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Cancer sucks.

+ Reply to Thread