+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1658Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3712141;
    I have a neurologist appt on Wednesday. I hope there's no change in the brain lesions. Maybe I should post this in the "good news" thread so I don't jinx it.
    In my thoughts and prayers!

Fierce Critter: Sorry it didn't work out, and I hope that you will find that perfect dress that does make you feel "feel glamorous & gorgeous..."
    You deserve it!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

MRD

Hutchlover, sending good thoughts your way.

Well the fun just never stops. Yesterday, thought I would DIE I was in so much pain and by Sun., you'd think it would be getting better, not worse. And I saw blood in the mouth rinse which I have not seen since the first day. I say to my husband that it feels like my gum around the tooth NEXT to the surgery site is swollen and sore and felt like something was "in there". Well we got to looking and the ends of the plastic stitches had worked themselves under the gum of that tooth and it was very red, swollen and bleeding. He snipped the stitches out and within 2 hours, I had relief and it's much better this morning. I can hardly wait to go back on Tues., because I am NOT a happy camper about this whole episode.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3712141;
    I have a neurologist appt on Wednesday. I hope there's no change in the brain lesions. Maybe I should post this in the "good news" thread so I don't jinx it.
    thinking of you. Goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3712642;
    Why? Because after the back was put in, as well as the grommets, and I was laced into it, well, let's just say I've seen similar effects at the sausage section of my butcher shop.

Not.A.Pretty.Sight.
    At least you are in tough with reality, rather than looking at the picture years from now and going "Oh dear God. What was I thinking!"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Dress crisis averted. But new thread coming on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3713652;
    Dress crisis averted. But new thread coming on that.
    Maybe you can get the formal event postponed? Surely no one would mind, especially if they already have their looks completed. And you never know, someone else might appreciate some more time, too.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

My son-in-law, 33, was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor a couple of weeks ago. The doctors decided surgery would be too dangerous, and have begun radiation treatments. He has had one week's treatment (5 days) so far, and has 4 weeks' treament left to go. Not sure of the prognosis after that. He's a hockey ref and coach by trade, and that is gone now. He and my daughter live in Florida with no family close by. Any of us parents can be there at any time, but not really sure what else to do. My daughter works at a hospital there (although he was sent to a different hospital with a better neuro team) - she she has great insurance. They have talked about moving up here to Utah to live with me, but if they do that, they have no more insurance. Doesn't seem feasible to me.

We are in my least favorite mode: wait and see. So far it's been really hard on him, not only physically, but emotionally and as a man who feels he should be able to care for his family (which for now only consists of his wife, my daughter). Thank goodness no kids are involved.

JD, I am so sorry for you and your family. It will be tough to wait and see. I will be thinking of you all.

JD You and your family will be in my thoughts for sure. I hope things will get better.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Thanks. My brother had cancer nearly twenty years ago (now cured, thank God) - and he had chemo. Son-in-law is having radiation, which I know nothing about. It causes a whole different kind of sick - and he's so young! He takes it like a trooper. His career is shot now, and I know that is really bothering him, probably more than other things. It's so hard to have them living so far away. (Florida, while I live in Utah) *sigh* And it all happens so fast. They thought he was just having sinus headaches (which is apparently very common as a first diagnosis of this type of cancer), but he had the good sense to keep pushing for more tests.

+ Reply to Thread