+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 1243 FirstFirst ... 357576777879808182838485868788899091929394951351855851085 ... LastLast
Like Tree2009Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Callie-think positively! Maybe you won't be laid off at all, and if you get your resume sent out, you might find a better job!
    J1, why not help pay your phonebill down? I'm sure in no time you'll have the money for the sneakers. (sorry, I'm thinking like a mom!)
    Sher, I know your pain! What helps me is warm compresses on my face (ok, some of them are really hot) and then using a massager on my sinus cavities. (I can't take meds due to what I'm already taking)

ugh, famita sounds like you're in the same boat as me. i've been using the hot compresses and making my bf massage my face. still sucks. and i'm so congested that no food tastes good. i guess it's a good time to be on a diet.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Poor Sher. That sucks big time. I don't have any advice, but I hope you'll be able to find *something* that relieves the pain.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Premium Member
    I don't want to go into too much detail because I don't know who might be reading this, but let me just say that it really sucks to be misunderstood, especially when nobody believes you. The worst part is when it's the people you love the most in the whole world who are upset with you. I'm sure it will all work out, but in the meantime I'm having a very sad night.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I don't want to go into too much detail because I don't know who might be reading this, but let me just say that it really sucks to be misunderstood, especially when nobody believes you. The worst part is when it's the people you love the most in the whole world who are upset with you. I'm sure it will all work out, but in the meantime I'm having a very sad night.
    Ah, Marleybone I'm so sorry. I'm sure you are right that it will all work out. In the meantime, I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone

I'm sorry Marley. It does suck to be misunderstood, and it sucks that you are having a sad night. Nobody likes another forter to be sad. I, too, am sending positive thoughts your way.

Callie - things will work out and you will look back on this one day as an experience that moved you on in your life. I hope this isn't too heavy for this forum, but I found a lump in my breast while showering 2 weeks ago. The doctor played phone tag with me for a week before I got in and scheduled for a diagnostic mammogram. Immediately they wanted to do a sonogram and brought in the radiologist. She said it doesn't look like a cyst and ordered a biopsy - that couldn't be scheduled until May 31. I'm supposed to chaperone a field trip to Quebec the 4 days after that. I have lots and lots of questions and worries. If breast cancer is possible, why can't they get me in for a biopsy for 2 weeks? She asked if I had taken a blow to the area recently. What does that mean? What are the other scenarios besides the worst? I'm a single mom with 3 teenagers - one in college. How/when do I tell my babies? Any advice (and hugs) would be much appreciated.
    Count your blessings!

Ah gutmutter. I'm sorry you have to wait so long to find out. The health care system in this country seems to delight in making people go through long periods of worry. It may not be as bad as you think. If your kids are all teenagers, I guess I'd tell them something now. They must all sense (well to the extent they aren't too complete self-absorbed in the way of most teenagers to do so) that something is worrying you.

The ol' Hurry Up & Wait system - I absolutely hate it. Perhaps there will be a cancellation and you will get in sooner. Certainly you need to talk to someone about your anxiety while you wait, and who you choose to share this with needs to be a strong and trusted friend or family member. I don't know you or your kids, but deep down, you know when the time is right to tell them. I had a lump at age 31. The Doc asked me about trauma as well, because of scar tissue. After all was said and done, it turned out to be fibrocystic breasts disease-translated: lumpy bumpy booby disease.
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Callie - things will work out and you will look back on this one day as an experience that moved you on in your life. I hope this isn't too heavy for this forum, but I found a lump in my breast while showering 2 weeks ago. The doctor played phone tag with me for a week before I got in and scheduled for a diagnostic mammogram. Immediately they wanted to do a sonogram and brought in the radiologist. She said it doesn't look like a cyst and ordered a biopsy - that couldn't be scheduled until May 31. I'm supposed to chaperone a field trip to Quebec the 4 days after that. I have lots and lots of questions and worries. If breast cancer is possible, why can't they get me in for a biopsy for 2 weeks? She asked if I had taken a blow to the area recently. What does that mean? What are the other scenarios besides the worst? I'm a single mom with 3 teenagers - one in college. How/when do I tell my babies? Any advice (and hugs) would be much appreciated.
    Gutmutter - A blow to the breast means that you were hit there or punched
    accidentally, or whatever. That can bruise breast tissue. If they said it doesnt look like a cyst, then they might be wondering if you had a 'blow to that area'. Best wishes to you..I'll be thinking of you.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread