+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3710327;
    If they are going to put in an implant, don't they have to fill in the hole in the bone the same day they pull the tooth? Mine was a back tooth also, and I think they filled it and prepared it for the implant the day they pulled it. Gosh, I hope you get this mess straighten out, nothing is easy anymore...
    I, too, was born missing a few teeth, some of which were wisdom, one of which wasn't, and I have an implant for that one now. I don't know if this is different from the norm, but my baby tooth had fused to my jawbone when I had it pulled, so I had a bovine bone graft, and I had to wait for at least a few months after that for the area to heal before the implant could be put in. I was in college, so I ended up waiting almost a year, then I had the implant put in (the part that acts as the root), and I had to wait another few months after that (again, it ended up being another year) for it to heal before I received the post and crown. My tooth was about halfway back, fortunately, my lower lip is chubby enough to cover the gap that I had for, effectively, two years.

Honestly, the most painful part was when the tooth was initially pulled, as it started to heal and the stitches were pulling. But I vividly remember going to the mall the next day, so clearly it wasn't too bad. And the bone graft wasn't painful, but annoying, because the "sponge" they put on top to cover it dissolved/came out too easily, so I was spitting out bits of bone for at least a week until the hole closed up. Sorry, this was probably more graphic than you were interested in.

Geez, MRD, I feel your pain! I hope you won't have to get a lawyer and all involved will step up to the plate and fix what they screwed up!

MRD

Well am waiting on a call back from the dr. as I now am running a 101 temp and my face is swollen and very flushed. BUT the pain is moderate. In fact, I don't even need the pain meds this morning, just a couple tylenol. I don'[t feel badly elsewhere (no sinus prob., scratch throat, upset stomach) so don't think I have the crud that's going around.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Why is it some of us never learn? Woke up this morning, was a bit better. Took a pain pill as the pain is still bad. Then got into full housecleaning mode, did laundry, decluttered and basically worked for 2 hours straightening and cleaning. Then the pain pill wore off, my fever shot back up and I feel like pooh on toast. I never learn. But the messy house always seems to bother me more when I don't feel good, so I want to do something about it and then I make myself feel even worse.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Whenever I feel like that I ALWAYS make sure the apartment is totally in order and clean. Probably thinking in case I die at least my place will beclean.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3711718;
    Whenever I feel like that I ALWAYS make sure the apartment is totally in order and clean. Probably thinking in case I die at least my place will beclean.
    Kind of like when you were a kid your mother or grandmother always told you to wear nice underwear 'cause you never knew what could happen. :nono
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3711735;
    Kind of like when you were a kid your mother or grandmother always told you to wear nice underwear 'cause you never knew what could happen. :nono
    Yeah that's it...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD -- I'd say something like, "Oh, tsk tsk, you shouldn't do that." But I always do that. So . . . ummm . . . take more drugs and go to sleep! (And I hope you're better soon!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I have a neurologist appt on Wednesday. I hope there's no change in the brain lesions. Maybe I should post this in the "good news" thread so I don't jinx it.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

The dress I was supposed to wear Oct 3rd for a formal occasion...

The dress I paid $30 for at a thrift store, not believing my find...

The dress I put hours of work into, putting in a corset back because it was 2 sizes too small...

The dress that should have worked perfect and made me feel glamorous & gorgeous...

... isn't going to work.

Why? Because after the back was put in, as well as the grommets, and I was laced into it, well, let's just say I've seen similar effects at the sausage section of my butcher shop.

Not.A.Pretty.Sight.

On to plan B, which didn't exist before tonight. Looks like it'll be a cocktail-length dress from Deb shop.

Sigh.

+ Reply to Thread