+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm female but it sickens me to see women count on child support as THEIR source of income. Of course, not saying that's the case here.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Sigh. I get so tired of the scrimping, saving, tight-fistedness...

...and the way some people just come along and sabotage my good, hard efforts in that regard.

Sigh.

MRD

They pulled the wrong @#$#@ tooth!!!! Instead of pulling the one that hurts, that couldn't be saved, they pulled the one next to it and now it's going to make it impossible for me to get a bridge as there is no back tooth to anchor it too. AND I still need the other tooth pulled. I am so freaking angry right now. They gave me IV sedation, so I really didn't know exactly what they were doing until I got home and had to change the gauze. We've talked to both the referring dentist and the oral surgeon. The dentist says he told them exactly on the referral sheet which one to pull and the oral surgeon says that's the one he pulled, but the dentist says no it's not. I don't know what's going to happen now. Waiting to hear back, but now that I can't get a bridge, I'm going to need either a partial plate (which I do NOT want) or implants which are expensive. Since it is either the mistake of the dentist or the surgeon, I think one of them should pay for the implant.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3710309;
    They pulled the wrong @#$#@ tooth!!!! Instead of pulling the one that hurts, that couldn't be saved, they pulled the one next to it and now it's going to make it impossible for me to get a bridge as there is no back tooth to anchor it too. AND I still need the other tooth pulled. I am so freaking angry right now. They gave me IV sedation, so I really didn't know exactly what they were doing until I got home and had to change the gauze. We've talked to both the referring dentist and the oral surgeon. The dentist says he told them exactly on the referral sheet which one to pull and the oral surgeon says that's the one he pulled, but the dentist says no it's not. I don't know what's going to happen now. Waiting to hear back, but now that I can't get a bridge, I'm going to need either a partial plate (which I do NOT want) or implants which are expensive. Since it is either the mistake of the dentist or the surgeon, I think one of them should pay for the implant.
    O..M..G.. I cannot believe they screwed up so badly. I am so sorry you are going thru this MRD!! You should not have to pay a single cent for that appointment or any related follow-up!!! I would be absolutely furious!

MRD

If they do not make this right, then I think I'm going to consult a lawyer. I hate lawsuits like this, they do drive up medical costs, but all I want is to have this fixed and I do not want a partial denture. I want an implant. Because the original idea was to pull this tooth and then a permanent bridget could be made to replace it. Now that option is out.

Despite being jacked up on Vicodan at the moment due to the pain, I AM furious. I.CANNOT. BELIEVE. THIS. HAPPENED.

eta: and the reason I had to have it pulled in the first place? I got that tooth filled about 15 years ago and it was not done correctly and the decay continued under the filling to the point that not even a root canal was a viable option. But the dentist that did the filling is in Florida, not the one I went to for this fiasco. I hate the dentist and now I have even more reasons to hate them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, I feel you pain... I would be so mad too. I think Dentist have become money hungry and don't care like they used to. My stupid dentist cracked mine, when she was trying to pull it and I had to drive 30 min to an oral surgeon to have it pulled. I'll never go back to her, and she had been my dentist for 15 yrs.
    If they are going to put in an implant, don't they have to fill in the hole in the bone the same day they pull the tooth? Mine was a back tooth also, and I think they filled it and prepared it for the implant the day they pulled it. Gosh, I hope you get this mess straighten out, nothing is easy anymore...
    Last edited by inthegarden; 09-24-2009 at 12:31 PM.

mrd, I am so sorry that just sucks. totally and completely sucks. And you shouldn't have to pay one thin dime for anything. Whoever messed up should have to cover it, that's why they pay for malpractice insurance.

mrd how horrible!! I would demand that they give you an implant for free! The implant has to be done by the oral surgeon so he can pay for it. What a jerk!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Free. Implant. Absolutely.

If they do NOT, I would hit that lawyer up immediately. And no, I'm not lawsuit-happy, either.

At the very, very least - they should give you an implant for the price of a bridge.

A bridge is bad enough. Having to file down perfectly healthy teeth to put in 3 fake ones? I'm facing that myself. I've been without a molar on my bottom left side for 3 years now because I can't afford the bridge. And I'm so upset at the thought of losing 2 perfectly healthy teeth to put in a bridge, I guess I'm hoping to afford an implant sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3710309;
    You have got to be kidding me...the wrong tooth? Somebody screwed up here and one of them better grow a pair and admit to it. It would be easy to figure out who by seeing what the referral sheet says.

They better at least give you an implant for the price of the bridge.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread