+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2010Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

My heart is breaking for your entire family Unklescott. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers throughout this difficult time.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3689992;
    I'm just angry that they didn't do the cavity right in the first place and now because of it they can't save the tooth. I hate the dentist anyway, but because of the impacted wisdom tooth, they are going to put me under for the procedure. And all I can say is thank god. I don't mind anything else, but I do not like the dentist or in this case the oral surgeon. I hope it's not too painful as I have school the next day. I am doing this on a Thur. in 3 weeks and hope I don't have to miss any classes for it. I have class on Fridays. They gave my daughter Vicodan!!!!!! Geez, what ever happened to giving something like Darvocet? Anyway, she was high as a kite last night and not in pain. I'm calling the GYN as soon as they open this morning. So she's NOT in pain at the moment.

Unk sorry you are having to deal with tooth stuff on top of everything else. I knew you'd like the Av. It's for you and for Zac.
    Just make arrangements to not be in class the next day

MRD

The rules about absences are so strict that even with a medical excuse you are only allowed to miss 3 classes, so I plan to go if it's not too bad.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

maybe they can give you pain meds that won't make you sleepy. I took the perscription meds the first 2 days and then they let me switch to Advil. If you can still feel pain through the meds, call them asap. I'm not trying to scare you, but I had problems with mine.

MRD

I will more than likely get vicodan. I only have to make it through 3 classes on Fri. instead of the usual 4, so I'm hoping I can make it. I hate missing class. I never find anyone that takes notes like I do and I hate missing the info. And they take points off your grade for more than 3 absenses, so I try to be there if I can. I will deal with the pain and try to go. I look at it this way, what if something worse happens down the road and I"ve already used up my absences??
    Hubby just had an extraction and the tooth broke during it. He had to have stitches and only needed the pain pills for one day. So I'm hoping it will be ok. If it's not, then I'll miss class and stay home and take the pain meds. I hope it goes welll though.
    Sorry you had a bad experience. I just do NOT like the dentist period. I am a wuss when ti comes to my mouth. I deal with a lot of other pain daily due to fibromyalgia, so pain is not somthing that gets me down too much, but mouth pain? Hmm, no, that hurts.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I only took 3 vicodin for mine, I've got 17 left. I did take about 3 ibuprofen 800mg also.

I've had root canals before and tolerated those good, but for me this was worse. I'm sure you will do fine. I would hate to miss class too. As soon as you can, start the salt water rinses. Oh, the good thing, I lost 6 lbs. during the ordeal and got some really good sleep.
    Unklescott, I'm glad your root canal and extraction went okay. Warm salt water rinses, I can't say that enough. they really helped me.

Unklescott, my heart wells up just looking at your profile pic. I haven't been on here much but I've been praying for Zac and hoping things improve.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

He was moved to palliative care today, much like hospice. The nurses are fighting over who is taking care of him. He's resting comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3690611;
    He was moved to palliative care today, much like hospice. The nurses are fighting over who is taking care of him. He's resting comfortably.
    Unklescott - You let that boy know and his Dad, that they are so much in my thoughts as are you.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread