+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 1211 FirstFirst ... 347475767778798081828384858687888990919293941341845841084 ... LastLast
Like Tree1372Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    ElizabethG, I am late reading this. I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to spend quality time with her over the years.

CallieCutie, you may not get laid off. But just in case, start looking for other work immediately. Good luck. Keep us posted.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Aww Callie - I feel your pain. I found out last week that July 1 is my last day. Like Phat says - it is never because of who you are. It has been my experience that layoffs are about the bottom line-numbers not people. So many co-workers have told me how unfair it is that I am getting let go, when so many slackers are still here. What can I say - nothing. I just smile and ask if I can have a letter of reference for the next assignment.

Unemployment in Michigan pays a MAX of $360 per week before taxes. You can have taxes taken out or not - pay now or pay later. It's not much, but should be enough to keep you afloat if you are frugal.

Keep your head held high and look at this as a great opportunity to branch out in a new direction and meet new people.

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    Well, I really want these sneakers that come out on Saturady. But I dont have any money to get them. I have $15 to my name and need $90 more. My sister is going to have enough money for them but not me. I really want them. I am going to try asking my godsister.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J1NVUPatricia
    Well, I really want these sneakers that come out on Saturady. But I dont have any money to get them. I have $15 to my name and need $90 more. My sister is going to have enough money for them but not me. I really want them. I am going to try asking my godsister.
    What about your $209 cell phone bill???
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    What about your $209 cell phone bill???
    BAAHAHAHAHAAaaa! Jewels, let the girl be!!! Mom will pay the phone bill and also..KEEP the phone (all the begging won't help today). She might as well have another goal of shoes to cheer her up!

Now you have to worry about US knowing your bidness, J1! Not sure if that's a good thing yet.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Thanks guys for the advice. I just keep finding myself tearing up at the thought of losing this job. It just makes me really feel like I've just wasted my time. There's been many nights where I've stayed in the office till 9pm, much later than most of my co-workers. *sigh* This is so scary... I'm gonna admit. I've lived a sheltered life, my parents paid for my college, even paid for my apartments in college, and paid for cars and insurance. Once I graduated college, I declined their help, and stood up on my own two feet.. ya know? Made something of myself, without their help. That's the greatest feeling ever! Now... I'm scared of falling down on my own two knees

I'm also scared because I've realized that I don't want to do another pharmacutical company. Personally, working with them, I think they're greedy. Sure... they wanna help people with medications... but they also want lots of money. So... I know I don't wanna go back to pharmacutical, and I dropped out of medical school cause I decided I didn't want to be a doctor, and I don't want to work for another big corporate company again, and yes I have my paramedic license still... but I don't wanna be a medic for the rest of my life (bad hours, no time to start a family, and bad pay). I'm so lost and confused...

I've been thinking Peace Corps... has anybody on here done that, that maybe I could get some advice?

Sorry for the rambling on... and on... and on....

BTW... I'm not really necessarily worried about getting a job if I lose this job, I can always go back and work on the ambulance.

Callie, time spent working hard is not wasted -- you can point out to prospective employers how hard you work, and your references from your current company (IF you get laid off) may mention it too.

I've had a few friends join the Peace Corps -- one taught English in Poland, and another is currently living in a yurt in Mongolia, teaching English there. It's definitely an interesting and viable option, just be sure you WANT to leave everything you know for about two years.

You sound like you're looking around at what you want to do with your life, and maybe this is one of those meant-to-be things that helps joggle you out of a career you aren't meant to be in. If you do lose this job, I say go with your gut and try out something that you might love but would normally be afraid to try (because of the house and car payments and financial security and all that.) Look at it as a chance to take a completely different, and possibly wonderful, direction.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Hope things work out for you Callie ((HUGS)) Goodluck.

Everything happens for a reason, stay positive and the sun will shine.

i want to complain about my problems for a second. they'll seem minor to most, but that's ok. this is the place to moan about it, right?

my trouble right now involves allergies and interferon. i take an interferon weekly, and one of the side effects is that it blocks antihistimines from working. so basically, it's allergy season in texas, no allergy med works for me, so i'm going through every day with a bad sinus headache. and i'm sick of it. and i'm feeling sorry for myself.

Awww...sher, that's awful. I get sinus infections at least twice a year and have often told my husband I would rather give birth again than put up with that pain....so I know how you feel. Hope it gets better soon.

+ Reply to Thread