+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 1227 FirstFirst ... 327273747576777879808182838485868788899091921321825821082 ... LastLast
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Celebrex is still on the market.
    My husband takes it.
    I talked to a nurse at my doctors office this morning and she told me to quit taking my Bextra.
    I told her I was not going to stop taking it.
    I have 25 pills left and I plan on taking them all.
    Instead of taking one pill a day I am going to take one pill every other day.
    That way it will last longer and hopefully the pain won't come back too soon.
    I also asked the nurse if they had any free sample left over that I could maybe get and she said they had to dispose of all the left over samples and are not allowed to give them out to anyone.
    She made it sound like my only other option would be to try Celebrex again or take Tylenol or Aleve. and believe, tylenol and Aleve just don't cut it when it comes to my back pain.
    I do have pain meds I can take when it gets really bad, I don't like to take them. It makes me feel funny and I get real sleepy and then when I do go to sleep it makes me have bad dreams. And this is a mild pain medicine.
    Thanks for your all your kinds words of support.
    I will keep you posted on what I find out. I have an appoitment to see my doctor on the 18th of this month.
    Thanks for letting me vent.

Oops. I've tried so many different meds over the years, I get confused at times. You're right, of course, celebrex is still out there. It didn't work for me, like Vioxx did, and that's why I quit taking it. Sorry about the confusion.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Hey Curly, what about Mobic? That's another cox-2 inhibitor like Celebrex/Vioxx. I was given CElebrex before, but after the Vioxx thing was given some Mobic and it seems fine to me (but I hate drugs and will take it around once a month if that, it's a plantar fasciitis thing that's getting MUCH better). But you might want to check it out. I hope all ends up for the best.

And ADK, I am glad to hear that everyone survived and send you my prayers in dealing with the trauma.

Ok, here is my troubles. Nothing major just distressing. I got a new computer. I wrote down the addresses to all my favorites from the old computer. Well, I can't get the address for the chat room to work. I figured this out when the hacker hit this week. Does anyone have the link for it? I have searched the announcement forums (where I swear I have seen it before) but can't find it.

Premium Member
    http://client.sigmachat.com/sc.pl?id=43545

Here's mine from my favorites, you'll just have to change the user name.

Thanks, Marleybone. I appreciate it muchly.

Have any of you here had experience dealing with a severely alcoholic friend/family member/lover/spouse? If so, would you mind PMing me? Thanks!

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    Well I have two troubles to talk about today:

1. On Monday, my mother took my cell phone because I was eight minutes late from afterschool. Now i am bored to death because all I do is use the phone. I can't even talk to my boyfriend. I miss talking to him everynight before i go to sleep. I do not know when I am getting it back.

2. My boyfriend is going to Florida this morning with his family. All this week I am not going to be able to see him or speak to him. We are going to miss eachother so much. I think about him all day long and need him near. I dont know how i am going to survive this week of no school.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

I don't know if this would count as "troubles" or not...but I am very sad today. My great Aunt died yesterday afternoon at the age of 105. For the last 10 years or so we had gotten quite close after I started researching family history. My daughter and I used to have Wednesday dinner with her every week before I took my daughter to her piano lesson. When she moved to a retirement home at the age of 98, we still spent at least 1 or 2 days a week visiting her. She was such a strong willed woman - said pretty much exactly what she thought, whenever she thought it. Up until this past year she still could see fairly well, hear with the help of a hearing aid and she played bridge pretty much up until the last couple of months. Her mind was still sharp as a tack. She was a former elementary school teacher and she adored teenagers and young children. I learned a lot from this wonderful lady and I will miss her very much.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

ElizabethG - Sending you warm heartfelt sympathy.. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope time eases your pain.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread