+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

misskitty, hope you're feeling better real soon. Wishing you blue skies and smooth sailing.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Thanks for your positive wishes!! I was correct. I'm trying some new meds which will hopefully put some balance into my life. Cross your fingers!

BTW, I almost got hit by a car today because of construction, pilons, and the other driver's lack of paying attention. It was just before a bridge and her lane disappeared into mine. Apparently, the signs indicating that her lane was ending & the bright orange rubber indicators did nothing to catch her attention. I hit the brakes and the horn and she managed to see me just in time for us to stop about two feet apart.

Luckily, I wasn't rear-ended by anyone behind me.

Unfortunately, the Diet Coke that I had between my knees went flying under my steering wheel and started pouring out of the straws onto the floor.

I couldn't do anything or pull over until I was out of the construction zone. And by that time it was sort of caught under my brake pedal and I as was having to brake in traffic, kept squishing more of the pop out onto my boots!

Alas, the completely full container of pop emptied onto my car mat and rug. Talk about another accident waiting to happen!

That's the problem with my old car...no cup holders!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Sorry about the pop spill, that would drive me a little crazy. I hate being sticky! But I am sure happy to hear that you weren't in a wreck. Kindof a good news-bad news thing...I hope tomorrow goes better...

MRD

That's the good thing about diet coke, it's not sticky. Miss Kitty, I'm glad you avoided the accident.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

When my kids were little we were driving along and one of them (don't remember which one now) dumped an entire can of Mt. Dew down the back of my neck. To this day I don't know if it was an accident or not. I can laugh about it now, but then I still had a lot of miles to drive sitting in cold, sticky Mt. Dew. Yuk!

Glad to hear that you avoided an accident except for the spilled pop. Hope you're feeling better.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Jumpin' George Clooney NickNack77's Avatar

Oh! Maybe you could try putting some Diet Coke in your ear. It dissolves just about everything...
    "The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire."

I just received a letter from my medical insurance stating that my insurance was going up 30%. They said it was because of what they call a system error that kept their base premium rates unchanged. They go on to say that while they appreciate it's never a good time to ask..to pay more....your new rate is well below the majority of market rates for similar plans....
    As I've worked as a consultant/contractor for quite some time, my insurance is a group plan that I'd converted over to an individual one about 6 years ago.
    It seems CA has absolutely no regulation as to how much premiums can be increased to policyholders. So, I will, in effect, be paying the same price monthly for both my mortgage and my health insurance.
    I am going to be writing to my councilman, the state dept. of insurance and Pres. Obama about this.
    There is something terribly wrong with a country that allows insurance companies to profit in such a way. And, for all of those who say that the US should NOT have socialized medicine because it will result in poor health care, etc, perhaps they should check the limitations on their own insurance. My insurance plan denied my doctor's request for orthotics to prevent the need for foot surgery. The orthotics, by the way, cost the insurance company $650! My doctors do not dictate my medical treatment - my insurance dictates my medical treatment!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3462756;
    . . . I am going to be writing to my councilman, the state dept. of insurance and Pres. Obama about this.
    You can do just that at this site: Organizing for America | Share your Health Care Story
    President Obama is asking people to send their personal healthcare stories:
    "Your personal stories can be a powerful call for change. When the lobbyists for the status quo tell Congress to hold back, your personal story will give them the courage to press forward."
    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3462756;
    And, for all of those who say that the US should NOT have socialized medicine because it will result in poor health care, etc, perhaps they should check the limitations on their own insurance. . .
    I've taught more than 220 French citizens during the past five years, and not one of them, nor any of their friends and family, have experienced any of the socialized-medicine horror stories that circulate around here.
    Last edited by Ellen; 05-21-2009 at 05:41 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Troubles? I'd like to rip someone's head off after I continuously kick him where it hurts. Last month we had someone break into our house at 1:00 in the broad daylight. He broke into the tool shed, got a hoe and pipe and tried to raise a window in our den. He broke two screens and one double pane window but couldn't get the window to budge. Heh, heh. I now love my windows. But, he proceeded to bust down the solid wood door breaking the frame, door, and ripping the dead bolt out. He was looking for stuff to sell. After ransacking the bedrooms and dumping all the drawers and contents on the floors, he got all our gold jewelry (left silver), money, and a gun and casually walked out the front door down the driveway. Neighbors across the street happened to be out on the porch talking and didn't think anything of it immediately until they started wondering where a delivery van was. They watched him go down the street and into a house about 15 houses down. The police wouldn't go and tell him to step out of the house because the neighbor couldn't positively identify him from the street while he was inside. Grrr.

What ticks me off is we have to spend our honestly earned money to repair the window and doors and now have also installed a monitored alarm system while the creep gets away with it. The crime unit got a good clear fingerprint but of course, he is not in the system. Who cares? I know where he lives or at least visits. So am I troubled by the scum of the earth? What do you think?
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3462963;
    You can do just that at this site: Organizing for America | Share your Health Care Story
    President Obama is asking people to send their personal healthcare stories:
    "Your personal stories can be a powerful call for change. When the lobbyists for the status quo tell Congress to hold back, your personal story will give them the courage to press forward."

I've taught more than 220 French citizens during the past five years, and not one of them, nor any of their friends and family, have experienced any of the socialized-medicine horror stories that circulate around here.
    Thanks, Ellen, I will do just that.
    None of the Europeans I've ever met told me any medical horror stories to rival the ones we have in this country.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread