+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3447758;
    Ellen, I cannot for the life of me remember where I read or saw something about the renewal tags being a hot commodity. As soon as I find out, I will let you know.
    Here they're a hot commodity because of the cost of renewal, depending on the value and age of the car. (Mine is a 5-year-old economy car, and the renewal was in the ballpark of $130.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3447758;
    . . . Also scoring the tag in cross sections with a sheetrock knife will make it worthless for said thieves as the tag will come off in little tiny pieces . . .
    Did that! It's a deterrent to someone looking to save the cost of renewal -- for awhile, at least, because sooner or later it'll turn up in the DMV's files that a car hasn't been renewed. But if someone's just being a d*** and doing it for the annoyance factor, oh well.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Jumpin' George Clooney NickNack77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;3447885;
    We haven't had any renewal stickers stolen, but we are having a rash of crime and vandalism in our neighborhood. About a year ago one of our city policemen moved in next door to us, and he said he chose our particular (somewhat rural) neighborhood because he knew it was one of the safest in our little town. But within the past two weeks, we have had graffiti sprayed on the brick wall across from our house and at the front of our neighborhood, a house one street over was broken into, two cars have been broken into, exercise equipment was stolen out of a garage, and just yesterday a lady was unloading groceries out of her car and left her purse in the front seat while she took one load in, and when she came back out for the second load her purse had been stolen.
    See? I told ya it was the cops Ask him to leave and see if the crime wave ends...if you dare...
    "The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire."

I'm feeling very BLUE. It's been cold, snowy, rainy, dreary, cloudy, and I'm generally unhappy. Thank goodness I have my dear kitties to cheer me up. I'm having trouble seeing a happy future these days. I hate feeling this way.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Aw, Miss Kitty. Fix some hot tea and have kitty therapy. I hope your blues go away soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Miss Kitty I'm sorry you are feeling But the sun will shine again and you will feel better soon.

Awwwwwww, sorry to hear you're blue. Consider yourself hugged...
    "The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire."

Thank you guys! I'm seeing my Dr. tomorrow. May be I need a boost in my meds or something. I have a lot on my mind and it's difficult to keep positive when there's no cure for what ails me. Literally. =^.^=
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Sorry to hear you're feeling blue, MissKitty. I hope you get your meds worked out or whatever you need to feel better. Here's a hug from me too.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Cats are good company for times like these.

misskitty, sending hugs and happy thoughts your way. I hope you feel better soon!

+ Reply to Thread