+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3441407;
    Cootie, that's just awful about the library budget cuts. People need libraries and librarians now more than ever in this recession .

My trouble has had me infuriated all day long. When I went outside this morning, I found that one of my tires had been slashed. And most of my neighbors had a tire slashed, and most everyone one street over had a tire slashed. The sidewall was punctured so I had to buy a new tire ($111). Lucky for me, my Mom was off today and she let me borrow her car to go to work. And she went to the tire place to have my car fixed. (She's awesome, isn't she?)

Some people are just so wrong and awful. I mean who gets a thrill ruining so many other people's days? Pathetic losers, that's who.
    A few years ago, we had vandalism in our neighborhood like that. They stole a fire extingisher from a car down the street and used it up INSIDE our car. I have NEVER seen such a freaking mess in MY entire life. They also did some other damage to cars in our area, but we had it the worst. That yellow powder stuff was on the ceiling, windows, seats, floor, vents, etc. and you could NOT vaccuum it up. It ended up costing us several hundred dollars to have the car professionally cleaned and we had that car for about 3 more years and every time we turned on the ac or the heat, that damn powder came out of the vents.
    Pathetic losers is right. I don't get the thrill aspect out of it as it not cost us money and time lost from a job as I couldn't drive to work that morning.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. All I can say is that I hope Karma is a bitch to those that do this kind of stuff.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

There must be an epidemic of lowlife losers going around. A couple weeks ago, DH and I came back from his birthday weekend getaway to find the window of his car smashed -- to the tune of $200. This week, the renewal sticker on my car's license plate was stolen -- and of course there was a replacement fee. The cops are all around the neighborhood on weekday afternoons setting speed traps, but do you think they'd send around a lousy patrol at night when the vandals are making the rounds?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I don't feel so bad now, I would much rather have a slashed tire than a powdery car or smashed window (especially it's been raining every day for a few weeks).

The good news is I woke up to four inflated tires this am. I was afraid the vandals might come back to puncture everyone's new tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3441643;
    There must be an epidemic of lowlife losers going around. A couple weeks ago, DH and I came back from his birthday weekend getaway to find the window of his car smashed -- to the tune of $200. This week, the renewal sticker on my car's license plate was stolen -- and of course there was a replacement fee. The cops are all around the neighborhood on weekday afternoons setting speed traps, but do you think they'd send around a lousy patrol at night when the vandals are making the rounds?
    Why? That is too logical...

Jumpin' George Clooney NickNack77's Avatar

Maybe the cops were the ones who stole your renewal tag so they could write you up. Or maybe I've been watching too much of The Shield.
    "The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire."

Quote Originally Posted by NickNack77;3446660;
    Maybe the cops were the ones who stole your renewal tag so they could write you up. Or maybe I've been watching too much of The Shield.
    That's funny, as I told my husband the same thing. With the various budget crises/scandals in San Diego, and California in general, my thought was (is) that the laid-off government workers are being paid under-the-table to steal renewal tags to generate income: Budget Reform -- Eighteen bucks at a time!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ellen, I cannot for the life of me remember where I read or saw something about the renewal tags being a hot commodity. As soon as I find out, I will let you know.

Anyway, people are stealing them. I just can't remember why! Sorry, not much help.

But what I do remember is that often times people just stick the new tag over the old ones. Something about the glue going onto the old tags makes it very easy to rip off. So cops suggested that when putting new tags on, take all the old ones off. Stick the glue to the actual license plate, not the old tags. Also scoring the tag in cross sections with a sheetrock knife will make it worthless for said thieves as the tag will come off in little tiny pieces. And the cops said that one can do it to the tags. One couldn't get a ticket should one be pulled over for it.

Now I just have to remember where I saw this story. Things that make me go.....Hmmmmm.....

Our renewal stickers do come in with score marks. They are impossible to remove without ruining. This can have it's downfall as we recently got our new sticker which now goes on the driver's side windshield and I stuck it too high up and it's now all I see when I drive.
    CYA

We haven't had any renewal stickers stolen, but we are having a rash of crime and vandalism in our neighborhood. About a year ago one of our city policemen moved in next door to us, and he said he chose our particular (somewhat rural) neighborhood because he knew it was one of the safest in our little town. But within the past two weeks, we have had graffiti sprayed on the brick wall across from our house and at the front of our neighborhood, a house one street over was broken into, two cars have been broken into, exercise equipment was stolen out of a garage, and just yesterday a lady was unloading groceries out of her car and left her purse in the front seat while she took one load in, and when she came back out for the second load her purse had been stolen. It just makes me sick that people feel they have the right to do or take whatever they want or to destroy something that isn't theirs.

Mr. C has put up really big floodlights out front that shine in our yard and on the brick wall across the street and leaves them on all night now. He has apologized to our neighbors if the lights bother them, but we are hoping that they will be somewhat of a deterrent to anyone doing anything. He is going to be out of town later this week, and I have to say that for the first time, I am nervous to be home without him there. Why can't people just be nice? It just makes me so angry!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;3447885;
    We haven't had any renewal stickers stolen, but we are having a rash of crime and vandalism in our neighborhood. About a year ago one of our city policemen moved in next door to us, and he said he chose our particular (somewhat rural) neighborhood because he knew it was one of the safest in our little town. But within the past two weeks, we have had graffiti sprayed on the brick wall across from our house and at the front of our neighborhood, a house one street over was broken into, two cars have been broken into, exercise equipment was stolen out of a garage, and just yesterday a lady was unloading groceries out of her car and left her purse in the front seat while she took one load in, and when she came back out for the second load her purse had been stolen. It just makes me sick that people feel they have the right to do or take whatever they want or to destroy something that isn't theirs.

Mr. C has put up really big floodlights out front that shine in our yard and on the brick wall across the street and leaves them on all night now. He has apologized to our neighbors if the lights bother them, but we are hoping that they will be somewhat of a deterrent to anyone doing anything. He is going to be out of town later this week, and I have to say that for the first time, I am nervous to be home without him there. Why can't people just be nice? It just makes me so angry!
    Can your neighbor the policeman bring his cop car home at night and park it out front of his house? That might be a good deterant.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread