+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 307071727374757677787980818283848586878889901301805801080 ... LastLast
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

J1NVU, I agree with chrelsey. You need to go directly to these two girls. My parents always taught me to believe half of what I see and NOTHING of what I hear unless I hear it directly from the person themself. They may deny it, but at least you went to them and didn't stoop to their level by going behind their backs. Good luck
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

My beau was almost killed Weds. night (4/30) driving home from his job (about midnight). Its the most unbelievable thing - 2 Belgian draft horses (they are HUGE - male about 1 ton, female just shy of that, carrying a foal) wandered off, through a broken fence (or something) and ended up in the middle of the road (State Highway 40 - not major, but well traveled route) About 1 1/2 mile from my house. Eric never saw them - all of a sudden they were in the middle of his lane, and he hit them BOTH, killing them, and the foal she was carrying. Obviously not his fault. Had he been in ANY other vehicle (he was driving a Chevy Silverado 2400 Ext cab 4x4 Heavy Duty truck, thank god), he'd be dead right now. NO ONE - the paramedics, state police, farmer, tow truck driver (in fact, they had to bring in a flat bed to even move the horses) insurance agent, etc etc can believe he isn't dead. He (miraculously) managed to get his door open, and walk to a nearby house - all in shock and dazed, but competely okay except for major back pain (x-rays and all other tests show NOTHING !!!) and some chmical burns to his face from the airbag deploying, and a few minor cuts to his face and hands, from the windshield caving it. I am going to try to attach pictures of what is left of his truck

I'm shaken to the very core. I (and Emma and the twins) almost lost him - just like that.

Life is so fragile. My perspective on everything has changed.... and we are both still trying to recover from it all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ADKLove; 04-06-2005 at 10:15 AM.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

OMG ADK. I worked as a nurse in Northern Canada and saw many people killed in car accidents when they hit moose (like a Belgian horse, more or less) and one that ended up a quadriplegic. The truck, airbag, and seatbelt probably saved him.

Glad everyone is basically ok. Big hugs to you and your family.

ADK - sending major hugs your way! I am so sorry that happened, but am SO glad that he is - for the most part - o.k. The car looks terrible, and it truly must be a miracle that he walked away from it. You're right - life is fragile . . . I think that it is only when we are face-to-face with that reality that we truly begin to treasure the loved ones in our life. It took losing my dad to really understand how precious the time with my friends and family really is. I'll never take them for granted again!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

to ADK - I was in an accident with my oldest a few months ago and I can completely relate to how you're feeling. Glad to hear your guy is OK, and VERY glad that yourself and the children were not with him at the time.

It will take some time for the shaky feeling to go away. Stay strong and if it helps to talk more about it, you know where to find us.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

ADK, I'm so sorry to hear about Eric's accident, but thank God he's okay. I had a b/f a hundred years ago, who hit a horse who was standing in the middle of the road at night, and he had no idea until the horse's butt came flying into the windshield. It is a scary thing, indeed, especially the size of horses you're talking about. The pictures are shocking. Thank God you found each other, and that he survived this accident. Take some deep breaths, and try to calm down. I feel for you, sweetie. He quite possibly is going to feel very sore tomorrow, and the next few days. Make sure he sees a doctor if he begins to feel exceptionally worse.

My daughter totalled two cars in 5 months (most recently February), and thank God she didn't kill herself or anyone else. She also had some pretty nasty burns from the airbags deploying. They save lives, but they have their own injuries. My daughter is uber-intelligent, mature, and kind, but can't drive worth beans. We have yanked her license, and she is very relieved at this point to not be driving. She knows she stinks, but doesn't know why.

Anyway, so glad Eric is okay. Take care of each other. If you need to talk, pm me.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    to you ADK. I'm glad he's ok.

ADK --- I just saw this. Lots of love and prayers coming your way.

ADK, I am so sorry to hear this. The condition of the vehicle is horrible. Eric had someone watching over him. It's amazing he was able to get out of the car and walk. I am so glad that he is alright and that you are all able to support each other through this trama.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Thank you so much for all your support. I know we are blessed that he is alive. Its just so difficult to shake the morbid feelings - like thinking about how I'd tell Emma, how his girls could ever handle it - and how I couldn't bear to lose him - not after it taking so long to find each other. He's having trouble, as the reality of what might have been sinks in, with facing his own mortality head on. I know in time those feeling will pass, and I won't be afraid for his life every time he gets in his vehicle. We are trying to focus on the positive, and how perhaps his being there, in that truck, might have saved the life(s) of someone else travelling the road that night. Just wanted to say how grateful I am for your outpouring of support. Truly.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread