+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3422545;
    I've had nightmares about him and that damn bike and something finally happened. I'm hoping that if this doesn't turn him completely off the motorcycle love, it will at least teach him some much needed respect for the speed that the thing is capable of. Thank God he wasn't hurt worse. I hate seeing him in this much pain, but I keep thinking how much worse it could have been.
    I'm sorry to hear this, but I do agree with you. With motorcycles, it's not a question of "if" but 'when". So, hopefully he will not only slow down, but have enough fear that he will also keep a closer eye out around him at all times. And, yes, road rash HURTS. And with the location--yes, it might be useful in an educational kind of way. (I am NOT trying to make fun of the accident, or blame your son; I know sometimes online posts may read in an unintended way, and I'm afraid this might be one.)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Back from the Doctors and he said it all looks good. Clean and everything. He got pain meds, antibiotic ointment and special gauze bandages that won't stick. He said the doc acted like he was kind of a baby for coming in. That it wasn't that serious. I didn't go back to the exam room with him. (There's only so much mom coddling a grown man will stand for, after all ) Probably a good thing I wasn't there. That doc would have gotten an earful from me. You let things go, then a couple of days later have to go in with a horrible infection which you get chewed out for because you didn't come in right away!

But, he's going to be fine. The pain meds will help him sleep and that's what he really needs now. He said he was awake most of the night because of the pain. I also stopped on the way home and bought him an assortment of doughnuts. You just can't go wrong with doughnuts.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ah yes, the big round pill with the hole in the middle!
    (gee thanks--I've been VERY good about not eating sweets while I'm laid up, but now might have to hit the Krispy Kreme bin tomorrow morning )
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Don't worry, queenb, I know exactly what you mean. I've always said, pain is a wonderful teacher, and sometimes the (ahem) male of the species needs that extra little bit of help.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Lil Bit, I'm so glad your son's injuries were not worse!! As the mother of sons that are still too young (at the moment) for motorcycles, the thought of them riding them at any age freaks me out!!

I'm glad that your son is going to be ok Lil.
    When my son was around 12 his Dad came to town for a visit with one of those mini dirtbikes in tow. I objected to it until I was blue in the face but then agreed to let him keep it as long as he never rode it unsupervised. Thankfully he was never hurt on it but his Dad was. One day after my son has just gotten off of it he said "Let me try that thing out" so he attempted to get on the still running bike. He grabbed the handlebars and as soon as he attemted to sit down, the bike went handlebars up in the air and dragged him around in circles on his knees until my son and a friend were able to stop it. I never laughed so hard in my life.
    CYA

I learned to ride a motorcycle at 46, (midlife)
    I learned it wasn't a good idea at 47. (accident)

but I feel very safe on the back of hubbys. I just was never meant to drive one myself. And, for all intents, I am glad I learned and rode for that year. I even went back and took the class a year after the accident.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Wow, LilBit, glad your son is okay. It could have been so much worse! And I am so glad you took him to see the doc. Better to be safe than sorry is my motto.

Hopefully, your son will be able to get some rest once the pain meds kick in.

That's great that your son wasn't injured any worse than he was Lil Bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3422723;
    I'm glad that your son is going to be ok Lil.
    When my son was around 12 his Dad came to town for a visit with one of those mini dirtbikes in tow. I objected to it until I was blue in the face but then agreed to let him keep it as long as he never rode it unsupervised. Thankfully he was never hurt on it but his Dad was. One day after my son has just gotten off of it he said "Let me try that thing out" so he attempted to get on the still running bike. He grabbed the handlebars and as soon as he attemted to sit down, the bike went handlebars up in the air and dragged him around in circles on his knees until my son and a friend were able to stop it. I never laughed so hard in my life.
    Glad to know that someone here is as cold blooded as I am.

LilBit, glad your son is doing as well as he is. And I agree with you that the trip to the doctor was necessary. Always better to be safe than sorry. I'll bet the pain pills made the trip worthwhile, too.

+ Reply to Thread