+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1980Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

These are not my trouble per say but it has been bothering me so much that I am not getting much sleep. We live in a small town here in Ontario and 7 days ago today an 8 year old girl went missing from here. There was no amber alert done on her because the police said that the one video shows the girl walking with another young woman and she doesn't seem to be struggling. The family said they don't know the woman in the video. We have put posters up all over the town and places further away but nothing. You would think someone would have seen her? Her name is Victoria Stafford and I have posted her pic in the current events page but I am hoping that because some of you live close to the border Windsor/Detroit one, that you will take a look. We are only 2 hours from that border. hate to be a pest here but I thought that with so many members here that maybe, just maybe it might help.

How scary, shyra. I live in New Jersey, but I will keep this little girl in my thoughts and prayers.

We lost power to part of our house last night. Spent a bit of time flipping breakers and the GFI things on the outlets all to no avail. Had an electrician come take a look today and he said it's not our fault (our box and wiring are fine, we're just not getting enough juice or something like that) and to call the electric company. I can't talk to a real person at the electric company (they must not exist there) so who knows how long I'm going to be without power.

Also I took my car in for service because it was releasing a big plume of white smoke from the exhaust whenever I started it up. $800 and a weekend without a car later it was supposed to be fixed. But it's still smoking!!

It's been a very frustrating morning.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3419825;
    ) and to call the electric company. I can't talk to a real person at the electric company (they must not exist there) so who knows how long I'm going to be without power.
    Doesn't your power co., have a lights out hotline?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3420219;
    Doesn't your power co., have a lights out hotline?
    Ours does and it's really great too. I don't think we've ever waited longer than a half an hour for someone to get out here and start checking out the problem.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I hate the electric company and the other company that provides the electricity. A guy comes out and leaves a red tag and a note. I call one company, they say I have to get an electrician, the electrician says I have to call the electric company, I call the other company and they conference in the other electric company and say I need an electrician because the wires that run from the freakin' pole to my meter are my responsibility!!! The electrician can't go into the neighbors yard where the pole is and can't get into the meter anyway because one of the electric company's has it locked. ARGH!!!!! I am cursing a lot in my head. Thank goodness I have partial power and my fridge is still working.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3421134;
    I hate the electric company and the other company that provides the electricity. A guy comes out and leaves a red tag and a note. I call one company, they say I have to get an electrician, the electrician says I have to call the electric company, I call the other company and they conference in the other electric company and say I need an electrician because the wires that run from the freakin' pole to my meter are my responsibility!!! The electrician can't go into the neighbors yard where the pole is and can't get into the meter anyway because one of the electric company's has it locked. ARGH!!!!! I am cursing a lot in my head. Thank goodness I have partial power and my fridge is still working.
    What a bureaucratic mess!! You have my sympathy!

My son wrecked his motorcycle last night. He's okay, if you consider a butt absolutely full of road rash to be fine, but at least no broken bones or anything worse. I just got a look at his injuries and made an appointment for him to see a Doctor this morning. Of course, he said it wasn't necessary, but even though he's 26 and a grown up, mom still gets to overrule some things.

The top half of his body fared pretty well because he always wears a helmet and he was wearing a leather jacket and leather gloves. The leather really protected his body but the blue jeans wore down pretty fast. He's in a lot of pain right now.

I've had nightmares about him and that damn bike and something finally happened. I'm hoping that if this doesn't turn him completely off the motorcycle love, it will at least teach him some much needed respect for the speed that the thing is capable of. Thank God he wasn't hurt worse. I hate seeing him in this much pain, but I keep thinking how much worse it could have been.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

Lil Bit, glad he's ok except the road rash. I would insist that if he wants to continue to own a motercycle, he invest in the leather pants as well as he can see how well the leather jacket and gloves protected him.
    Guess it is sore to sit for him right now. Hope it improves soon. Thank goodness he wasn't hurt worse.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

lil bit, I'm glad he's not hurt worse.

+ Reply to Thread