+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2014Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

It's much better today thanks.

Well update on the tools. The police thought they had located them, but turns out no. Insurance is not going to pay much. Why have the damn insurance if you ask me. So we are going to be out of pocket about $4000.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ouch! That has to hurt. I'm sorry your insurance didn't pay any better. It's so aggravating how the victim in a crime can get screwed over again and again. I don't suppose the thieves have anything so trying to get restitution out of them would just be a waste of time. Hang in there MRD.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Sorry, MRD. Can you add more coverage when you replace the tools? I hate it when the bad people "win". A further proof that life isn't fair!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3403480;
    It's much better today thanks.

Well update on the tools. The police thought they had located them, but turns out no. Insurance is not going to pay much. Why have the damn insurance if you ask me. So we are going to be out of pocket about $4000.
    I don't know if this is an option, but what about the homeowner's insurance of the home where they were stolen? Can you file a claim under their insurance? I rent so I don't know how that works. I can't believe your homeowner's isn't covering a larger amount though. Maybe you need to talk to someone else, higher up, who can explain why your policy is lacking. I have renter's insurance and know that when my son's apartment at college was broken into we could have made a claim, less the deductible, but they didn't steal enough for it to be worth it (thank goodness).
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Usually, with items like tools, a rider listing all the tools and their make is required in order to be fully covered in the event of a loss. They're a specialty item, like bicycles or jewellry. That's also why a claim could not be made under another individual's homeowner's policy.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Grrrrr....

Damn it, it's Easter weekend and I may have to drive 8 hours home because my tenants won't answer the phone (no voice mail or answering machine), they won't return calls made to them at work, they haven't paid their rent, my daughter wants her belongings that were stored in the attic (with their approval), they won't call the insurance company to get the inspection done, they painted one bedroom's walls bright purple & pink, tore out another bedroom's carpeting, and ripped out my borders in the foyer & kitchen. Only the paint had our permission (but not the colors).

Now my daughter has to drop off a letter to the house tomorrow morning notifying them that I'll be coming in over the weekend and I have the right to go in the house as long as they're notified with 24 hours and it's not a Godawful hour - especially to get her stuff.

Sorry, I'm just pissed off and needed to vent. I don't want to drive 8 hours on Easter day to get back to our new home.

They've been good tenants so far, the property's neat & the house is clean. I just don't understand people. If they had a problem with the rent this month - CALL!

Aw man, Hutchlover; I'd have to take an uninvolved party with me to keep my temper under control. By the time I drove that far, I wouldn't want to hear anything, unless they approached crawling and groveling, with a check in hand. That type of thing is one of the many reasons I'd never own a rental property. I'd probably end up in jail sooner or later.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3407822;
    Aw man, Hutchlover; I'd have to take an uninvolved party with me to keep my temper under control. By the time I drove that far, I wouldn't want to hear anything, unless they approached crawling and groveling, with a check in hand. That type of thing is one of the many reasons I'd never own a rental property. I'd probably end up in jail sooner or later.
    Great point, QB. I live in a house that could hold a much larger family than myself. I could rent the place and make a profit doing so. However, I'm too much like you and wouldn't like to find myself in jail, either. So I'll stay here. Owning/managing rental property cannot be fun.

I actually decided not to go this weekend.

We're sending an overnight letter tomorrow, letting them know we're coming in next weekend, and that we might have a realtor with us. Maybe my temper will have settled down by then.

Hubby & I actually spoke with the husband at his work on Tue & Wed and he promised to call at night. Nothing.... So I called her supervisor (she doesn't have a direct line) and left a message apologizing, but they refuse to contact us and aren't paying their rent & have no working home phone. I hated to do that, but they left us no other choice. I hardly slept the last few nights.

having feminem issues not feeling good

+ Reply to Thread