+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3394866;
    I sure hope that at least some of the tools can be recovered and that everything will go ok with the insurance. I have some friends who were having construction done on their house last summer and someone tried to steal the construction workers' Port-O-Pottie out of their yard!!! Tipped it over (luckily no one was inside) and made a big nasty mess in their yard. I know it's not the same thing as your situation, but I thought you might get a much needed laugh out of that.
    Oh my lord, seriously? Talk about desperation!! Who steals a port-a-potty?!

I avoid them like the plague, but I think I've just added being tipped over inside a port-a-potty to my list of intense phobias.

Stargazer it just never gets any easier no matter how many times we have to deal with death. I'm hugging you in cyber space.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3395307;
    mrd, I'm so happy they caught the rotten scoundrels! I hope they get the maximum sentence possible. The only thing I hate worse than criminals is STUPID criminals.
    Well at least the stupid ones are easier to catch!

So hubby went to a cocktail party in the neighborhood where this theft occured (I had to work) and he was the STAR of the party for helping put an end to the crime spree. He also was able to hand out a lot of business cards and hopefully line up more work for when we get the tools back. So maybe something good came out of all this.

Thanks all.

Bug and Star, my thoughts and prayers are with you both. Death is never easy. I hope that you are able to work through this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Buglover, your neighbors family and you are in my thoughts tonight.

Stargazer, what a terrible week. You are in my thoughts also.

MRD

This isn't a major trouble, but I have an earache. Developed quickly too. Like I woke up this morning and it was a little sore and now it's throbbing. I have had the heating pad on it which lessens the pain and I found antibiotic drops from the last one, so I am using those. I hate earaches. They are so annoying and everything you do with your head makes them hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3402487;
    This isn't a major trouble, but I have an earache. Developed quickly too. Like I woke up this morning and it was a little sore and now it's throbbing. I have had the heating pad on it which lessens the pain and I found antibiotic drops from the last one, so I am using those. I hate earaches. They are so annoying and everything you do with your head makes them hurt.
    Let WALDO lick it for you...

MRD!
    Earaches, along with toothaches, are among the worst, because there's nothing you can shift position or massage (like a backache or knees or headache) to make it more comfortable. Yeah, there's the heating pad, but pbbbbbbffffffffffthththt! I'm sending "quick recovery" good wishes your way (even though I wish it could be Trader Joe's wine and treats . . .)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Star, my thoughts and prayers are wilth you.

MRD, Don't you hate when it happens? When I have ear ache, I try many different things: smoke blown into the ear, a few drops of hydrogen peroxide put in ear and then flushed out with warm water, a few drops of hydrogen peroxide put in ear and then let drain by moving head. You probably have the right idea w/your special drops.

MRD

I've done the peroxide as this is most definetly what is usually called "swimmers ear" although I haven't been swimming, but probably got water in the ear from the shower.
    I also use warm olive oil as it gives some relief from the pain. It's better this morning, but not gone. I really hate being sick. I seem to take it as an insult to me personally.

Blowdry your ears after showering mrd. That is what my doctor asked me to do years ago because my ears do not drain properly. I had that horrible ear ache last year that seemed to last forever. I finally broke down and started taking anti-biotics for it. I hope you feel all better soon!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread