+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree964Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Well these two guys are apparantly not reacting to the economy, they've got priors. But you are right, I read where bank robberies are up and so are other theft crimes. It's a shame really, but you know, I can remember hearing stories from my parents about the Great Depression where men stole because they had no other way to feed their families, no jobs, nothing. I can understand stealing to feed your family if you are that desperate. It's not right, but I understand it. What pisses me off the most, is that they didn't steal a loaf of bread to feed a hungry kid at home or steal a tv or jewelry that isn't necessary for someone to use for work, they stole someone's livlihood. They took away the ability of my husband to WORK because they don't want too and they more than likely bought crack. This is a choice they made a while ago apparantly. THe hubby's old boss knows the one guy (not as a friend, but by reputation and history) and he's never really had a job, has a history of theft and drug use and drug sales, etc. He hangs out on the street corner (obviously as he was SO easy to find) all day and panhandles if he can and apparantly steals when he can't.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have heard that purse snatchings at grocery stores are up around here. People will grab them out of grocery carts if someone has their back turned. This is smaller city with generally a low-crime so I imagine they have lots of opportunities. I have been extra diligent keeping my purse immediately next to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3395098;
    We did get a funny (and embarrassing) text from her this morning telling her dad to check the "flee" market. He read it and laughed and said, that's the problem, the tools HAVE fled. Must get on to her about the spelling.
    That reminds me of my daughter's first boyfriend, oh so many years ago. He had written her a love letter and my daughter showed me just the first line of one. It said, "Dear Sweaty," Apparently he meant "Sweetie"

I'm so glad to hear that they caught the guys who did it. In the very least it should give you better odds on finding the tools. I'm still sending my good thoughts your way.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3395249;
    That reminds me of my daughter's first boyfriend, oh so many years ago. He had written her a love letter and my daughter showed me just the first line of one. It said, "Dear Sweaty," Apparently he meant "Sweetie"

I'm so glad to hear that they caught the guys who did it. In the very least it should give you better odds on finding the tools. I'm still sending my good thoughts your way.
    I so needed that laugh Lil Bit! Thank you! They disconnected my neighbor this morning but he is still breathing on his own. Now we wait.... it's very sad.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3395254;
    I so needed that laugh Lil Bit! Thank you! They disconnected my neighbor this morning but he is still breathing on his own. Now we wait.... it's very sad.
    Glad I could brighten your day some. I'm praying that your neighbor will pass peacefully.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

mrd, I'm so happy they caught the rotten scoundrels! I hope they get the maximum sentence possible. The only thing I hate worse than criminals is STUPID criminals.

I'm finally getting to this today. I'm so sorry for all you're going through MRD. It's such a relief that these jerks are in jail, and maybe if they have priors, they'll stay there for a while so they can't put anyone else through the misery you're going through now. It's probably just a matter of time (I know, something you don't have) before your hubby gets his tools back. I hope that's really, really soon.

My neighbor passed peacefully 55 minutes ago. His nephew and nephew's wife were there during his passing. He was not alone and I know in my heart he knew he was loved by all.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, buglover.

I've had two deaths in the past week or two that have me feeling down. First was my ex-husband's grandfather. I thought the world of him and just loved him so much. I never tried to contact him after the divorce because it just seemed inappropriate. He had a long, healthy life but it just broke my heart that we weren't close anymore when he died.

Then this morning I was told that my former boss lost her fight to breast cancer. She was diagnosed when I worked for her. So its been a sad week or so for me.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

, Star and buglover.
    And, Stargazer, I know it's awful when situations kind of force you to break contact with people you have grown to care for so much. Please take care.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread