+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thanks all. It's got to be the age. My kid was never like this and never expected anything until she hit teenage hood. We both talked to her last night and she did realize she was being selfish. I think it was more of a knee jerk reaction and I reminder her, that her dad's birthday is next week and right now it looks as if he'll get NOTHING, so to quit griping. I still can't believe this is the same kid that used to give her toys away. Well I was probably self absorbed at 18 too like Cootie said.
    Well let's hope we find the stuff.

I have to agree with Muduh and Unk, nothing makes me madder. They took away my husband's livlihood, my families ability to pay the bills because they are a bunch of thieving lazy bums (that is a kind word, but I would get in trouble if I used the one I'd like to use).

Doxie, why would anyone WANT to steal a nasty old port-a-potti?? I mean, really!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

MRD, man, when does it start being easier? I'm sorry for the theft of the tools, but even sorrier for the loss of your trust in humanity. Don't they just stink (those that steal)? Thank your lucky stars that you have insurance-hopefully they will have a quick pay-out for you!!

Doxie, are you sure they weren't just trying to tip it over for fun?

Sorry for your troubles MRD. Life can really suck sometimes but remember we are here for you and you can vent all you need to.

And if your daughter's birthday is cut back a little, she WILL get over it. I remember when I realized that my son had finally grown up. A couple of years ago I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, and he said a high chair for his daughter.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sorry for all that you are going through right now MRD....when it rains, it pours. I had the same type of kids who gave away their toys and donated their allowances to Save the Children and then they bcame teenagers and it was all about them. My work hours were cut right before Christmas and the only thing my son was concerned with was how this would affect his pile of loot. I ended up putting off the bills and went ahead with my shopping and I'm still trying to catch up...never again!

I'm sorry that this happened to you mrd. I hope they catch the people and your husband gets his tools back.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Well some good news. The theives are right now sitting in JAIL!!!!!
    We don't have the tools back yet, we don't exactly know where they are, the insurance company hasn't told us anything helpful. But they did catch them.

My husband went to his old boss whose office is located in a kind of run down area of town next to the homeless mission. Well the two guys apparantly went straight to the old boss to sell the tools yesterday. So when my hubby talked to the guy this morning, he said yeah and described everything they had on them, which my husband had a typed list of the tools. So the old boss looks outside and says, there's so and so, he's one of the guys, so they called the dectectives who came out, questioned the old boss, took my husband's statement, questioned this guy and arrested him. He then rolled on the other guy and hubby just got a phone call that they have arrested the other guy as well. So, now it's just trying to find the tools.
    I'm glad they arrested them, but quite honestly, it doesn't help us much unless they still have the tools or can tell where they sold them which I hope they can. And the police said that it was fairly good that the fingerprints in the house belonged to these guys and if he finds the tools at pawnshops to not touch them as they will fingerprint those as well to help make a good case against the theives. So justice prevails, let's just hope our livelihood will prevail as well. And daugthter was very contrite this morning, so hopefully she has realized how selfish she was sounding. We did get a funny (and embarrassing) text from her this morning telling her dad to check the "flee" market. He read it and laughed and said, that's the problem, the tools HAVE fled. Must get on to her about the spelling.

Thanks you guys, you have been great. And yes, it's pouring rain both literally and figuratively, but this too shall pass. I appreciate the support you guys always show.

I still have faith in humanity. I just don't have faith in crackheads.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3395098;
    Well some good news. The theives are right now sitting in JAIL!!!!!
    That is FANTASTIC news MRD!!!
    I hope those thieves fess up and admit where the tools are so your husband can finish up his job as planned!!!

Power of thought works!

MRD

Thanks. Keeping thinking those good thoughts as hubby needs to go to work ASAP and needs the tools to do it.

MRD, So sorry to hear about your loss. Glad, though, that they caught the guys. I think, in these troubled times, we are going to see more of these senseless acts. Many people are just acting very crazy these days.
    As far as your daughter, she had an immediate gut, emotional reaction; not necessarily at all indicative of her character. I would, however, talk to her privately and let her know that, while you understand her ouburst, you are saddened by it as you expected more from her. When you have the private talk, have a cupcake or some other small cake ready with a candle in it. That way, she will know that she is still a priority, but this incident must take priority over all else. I've been in your situation before and it, too, will pass. The good foundation you have given her will win out.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread