+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 1240 FirstFirst ... 296970717273747576777879808182838485868788891291795791079 ... LastLast
Like Tree1968Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I have to go to a funeral today My friend's mom passed away and she now has lost both her parents and has no siblings and she's 27 years old So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    I have to go to a funeral today My friend's mom passed away and she now has lost both her parents and has no siblings and she's 27 years old So sad.
    My condolences to your friend

where's my rose garden? Covaleskie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hungry_hippo
    Okay my issue is probably gonna seem so small compared to you guys.Well i have two best friends (a guy and a girl) and i love them both dearly.Lately though they have developped feelings for eachother and are taking the relationship to the next level.So now my best friends are seeing eachother and I'm the only person that knows and they don't want me to tell anyone...and i feel left out cuz ive been with them for 4 years and now they wanna be alone and although i have other friends it doesnt feel the same.Help what should i do.Also it sucks cuz things wont ever be the same between the 3 of us.We won't have the good times we ustoo have...Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully someone knows what im going threw.
    I went through a simmilar situation a few years back. My two friends and I were an inseperable trio until they became an inseperable duo. It sucked. I finally just gave them room, found other friends, and after some time (more than a year, I'm afraid), they had become secure enough in their relationship to include me again. Now they're married to each other and I still call them all the time, and even though they move a dozen states away, they visit once a year. Things aren't really "the same" but our friendship is still really strong.
    There's always one in every bunch.

Covaleskie...that doesn't sound very fun !And with my friends, I guess they try to include me but it feels so akward and I dont feel right and comfortable and they also want to do things the two of them wich i totaly understand but its weird.And over the past 4-5 months they've stopped calling me yet they ask me why I dont call them.Also they tell me we don't hang out anymore.This sucks . I don't wanna lose either one of them but i've felt as though i lost them a long time ago...Thanks for helping me out though.
    Last edited by hungry_hippo; 04-01-2005 at 11:45 PM.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I've been fighting off the mumps for a week or so.

Mumps? Yikes, sorry to hear that Leo.

I've been battling a bad sinus infection for 3 weeks, and now my pinkeye (from week 1) is coming back.
    *shakes fist*
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I had a jam-packed weekend and now I have the flu really bad. Lack of sleep and walking in cold temperatures killed me. Today I woke up feeling horrible but wanted to go to work because I need the money. I felt like throwing up all morning and asked my boss if I could go home. He told me he would see what he could do. I ended up staying untill 12:45 because I work on a specialty doors line and very few people know how to make them. Finally when I got through that he let me go home. I am feeling horrible right now and will most likely miss tomorrow if not Wednesday too.

Clipse . . . I'm so sorry to hear that you're under the weather. The mom in me is going to tell you to get into bed straight away, drink lots of fluids, and SLEEP. In fact, here's a virtual cup of hot soup to get your started on the right foot!

Oops . . that wasn't the hot soup! Sorry!

Seriously, hope you're feeling better soon, and I'm glad that your boss finally came around to seeing that you needed to go home. I understand about wanting to work for the money, but if you don't take care of yourself and get worse, you'll end up missing more work than if you had just taken a day or two off in the beginning to get better.

Dang it! There goes my "mom" voice again!

Hope you're better soon!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    Well, yesterday I found out that two girls that are supposed to be my friends have been talking about me behind my back. They smile in my face but truth is, they dont like me. I don't really care about T because i never really like her form the get go. But J, i thought we was cool. I never dd anything to them for them not to like me. My friend D told me. He told me not to say nothing and just to let things be. Thats hard to do but i am going to do it. I told K, one of the other girls that they be taling about and she had the same reaction i did. What do i do?
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

J1NV . . . I'm so sorry that happened. It really is hurtful when someone is a friend to your face, but behind your back they aren't.

I guess my first thought is to say talk with them - go to the souce directly for your information instead of just listening to what others have said they said. Let them know what you have heard, and just ask them if it is true, but don't be defensive and argumentative when you talk to them, just be casual - like, "Hey, I've heard such and such, and just wanted to see if there was any truth to it."

Now, they might completely deny it, or they might fess up. Either way, you'll have done the right thing by giving them a chance to explain. And, if it really is true, then your friend D is right - as hard and as hurtful as it is, you just have to let things be. Just hang with your friends that you know and love, and who know and love you, too.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

+ Reply to Thread