+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1461Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3392315;
    Muduh, you have my sympathy. Is there anyway you can submit in WRITING stuff showing when you and your husband both retired?
    We're dealing with the VA right now which is not nearly as bad, but they must send you your appointment by mail and invariably my husband gets the letter either the day of or the day after the appointment and calling them to get a new appointment is frustrating as they say: "we'll send it to you in the mail". THAT'S THE PROBLEM YOU IDIOTS!!!!

Just persevere. I think some of these agencies do this to get people to drop it and not be bothered and pay the bills themselves.
    I don't know, do you happen to have that address in INDIA where I might contact someone?

If this weren't so ridiculous it would be hilarious. I talked to the lady at the hospital billing office then immediately started my Medicare marathon and when I called the hospital again a couple of hours later and told her I'd been on the phone with Medicare since I'd hung up from her she said "well GOD bless your heart". I had to laugh at that one. I kinda feel like GOD has hung me out to dry on this deal. Not really, but it sometimes seems like a distinct possibility.

ClosetRTwatcher, I have a feeling that you may as well get used to the Medicare literature arriving from now till .... then. Seems to me that once they've made a screw up it's a life time affair.
    Last edited by Muduh; 03-25-2009 at 02:27 PM.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Well, it's moving day for our office and the boss couldn't make it to our town today. So, instead of him moving my computer and stuff tonight and let me walk in to start tomorrow morning, he now decided to do it tomorrow morning. Well, call me fit to be tied! I've now taken it upon myself to decide what to throw out and what to keep. I keep saying "well glorioski" and that helps me to look on the bright side. I also thought I'd let y'all sing out some positives about this because I really can't think of any.

MRD

Bug that's so sad to have no one in your life.

Famita, the only positive I can think of is that men usually aren't good at throwing stuff away, so with the boss not there, you got to throw stuff away.

Gabriel, thanks. I haven't shot the hubby yet, but he's left me alone and quiet, so I think the last time I yelled he got the message. I apparantly haven't gotten the message from him about shutting the front door as he's yelled at me 3 times about it today (the storm door was shut, just not the main door). He's being a real crab because it is raining and he couldn't work because today's job was outside and he's had to be home and there is nothing on tv. He could have done some damn laundry as I've been busy and he has NOT.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm happy to report that his nephews are indeed coming into town tomorrow. They haven't seen him in 25-40 years depending on the person but at least they will be there when the plug is pulled. I've set up a shrine in front of his apartment and asked everyone to pray for safe passage.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3392717;
    I'm happy to report that his nephews are indeed coming into town tomorrow. They haven't seen him in 25-40 years depending on the person but at least they will be there when the plug is pulled. I've set up a shrine in front of his apartment and asked everyone to pray for safe passage.
    That is nice of you buglover.

He was a strange guy but I truly feel we are all in each other's lives for a reason. I'm here to make sure someone holds his hand as he passed onto the next step! I've asked my mother and grandmother to go and pick him up so he knows he is not alone no matter what the circumstances are!
    Yup, with donuts!!

buglover, he may not have any close family, but at least he has a kind neighbor/landlord like you. You have a good heart.

MRD

Bug, you've been a good friend. He and you have my prayers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's incredibly sweet of you Bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3392473;
    . . . I talked to the lady at the hospital billing office then immediately started my Medicare marathon and when I called the hospital again a couple of hours later and told her I'd been on the phone with Medicare since I'd hung up from her she said "well GOD bless your heart". . .
    Isn't that the southern way of calling someone a b**ch, or whatever insult happens to be in her head? I mean, usually it's just "bless [possessive pronoun] heart," but if "god" is added, does that add another dimension of insult?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread