+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 266667686970717273747576777879808182838485861261765761076 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    J1VNU - NO one, I don't care who they are, has the right to hit you. Period. Talk to someone who can help you. Now. Your school guidance counselor, a trusted teacher - someone. They are required to report these types of incidents, and can refer you to to people who can help you. You must not be afraid - you are too young to live in fear of that.

I repeat - NO ONE has the right to hit you.
    ADKLove is absolutely right. If people at the last conference saw you get hit I'm surprised that nobody talked to you about it. Definitely go talk to someone, there has to be somebody at school that you can trust. Don't wait until the conference, do it now.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    ADKLove is absolutely right. If people at the last conference saw you get hit I'm surprised that nobody talked to you about it. Definitely go talk to someone, there has to be somebody at school that you can trust. Don't wait until the conference, do it now.

That was my first reaction, too. He treated you like that in front of everyone, and nobody stepped up? That's awful, I can't even imagine how embarrassed you must have been. In my opinion, it's best you talk to another authority figure (adult) who can help you out. Help is available - you just have to look for it.

As for my day? One of the worst ever. Another dentist appointment. I have to schedule two more surgeries. I totally have dentist-a-phobia. But it's best to get it all over with at once, I suppose. Blech.

So afterward, I stopped by my mom's house. Well, I was on the way there, when I got pulled over by the city's finest. I "accidentally" let my plates expire. My fault completely, and I just neglected to do it. Okay, I got a ticket, yada yada....I'll take care of it in the morning. Still...it sucks to sit and wait for them to do all they have to do before issuing the citation. I swear they are in the car making personal calls and playing on the internet. Probably around here on the fort somewhere!

So, I get to my mom's house, and was telling her about my ex-boyfriend now friend Rus (who committed suicide a few weeks ago), and showed her a picture of him. (He was a beautiful bad-boy musician, with long hair. Go figure.) The best my mom could do was muster up a "If he cut his hair he wouldn't have felt so bad about himself. No wonder." She knew how broken up I was over losing him, I was in a total tailspin last week when I found out. It hit me hard. Then to have it rubbed in my face like that, like he should mean nothing because he has long hair! Argh.

Left mom's house to head home. Had to stop and get gas in the car. Yep, I got pulled over again for the same thing. Plus I don't have a license plate on the front of my car. I got two freakin' tickets in one day.

Individually these wouldn't have been more than just an irritation, but all three stacked on top of each other....was too much. Knocked me down. Ever tried to have a blubbering sobbing cry in rush hour traffic? It ain't easy.

JD, sorry your day was so rotten. I'm especially sorry for the loss of you friend. It seems that everything piled up all at once...life does that sometimes. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Premium Member
    J.D. I'm so sorry about everything you're going through. Losing your friend hurts so bad and then everything else on top of it. Hang in there, we're here for ya.

I have to tell you... your mom sounds just like mine.

Patricia...ADK and Marley, gave you some great advice. I hope you act on it. I'm also surprised school officials saw you get hit and did nothing about it. Gad. Good luck, sweetie.

J.D., I'm sorry you had such a rotten day, and add my condolences to the other posters.

Regarding the long hair...I'm giving away my age here, but in the 70's my boyfriend had shoulder-length hair, and as we were driving in his car, a senior citizen tried to change lanes right into us. We both swerved and then stopped at a red light. We looked over at her to glare at her (you know how important that is ), and she yelled over to us, "Well, uh, er, why don't you get a haircut, harrumpff." We nearly fell out of the car from laughing so hard.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    We looked over at her to glare at her (you know how important that is )
    Don't tell anyone, but I still do that.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok, heres the deal, I got a buldging disk in the lower back...L-5 and it seems to have acted up again monday. I didn't make work tuesday or wednesday, doing the ice packs every two hours for 30 min. and saw the bone crusher tuesday and am going today before i go into work....short crew today, they need me to be there..... if pain was pleasure this would be orgasmic!!!!!

I 'm sorry you're ailing, joeguy. Hope it eases for you soon.

On a lighter note - I just may have to steal that line to use as my sig line "if pain was pleasure this would be orgasmic".
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Aww Joe, how painful! Take it easy at work...

FORT Fogey
    I'm sorry about your pain joeguy- take it easy and try to get as much rest as possible.

Now time for my problems

1. School just doesn't excite me anymore. I used to enjoy learning and gaining more knowledge. But lately, everything has just been so boring. I feel like everything we do is incredibly easy. I don't have to pay attention in a single one of my classes. So basically, I am wasting my entire day from 8-3. It's like, and I really don't want to sound arrogant about this, but I feel like I'm just smarter than most other people around me, and the teachers are catering to the less smart people. I mean, I have an A+ in Chemistry Honors and Algebra 2 Honors at one of the toughest schools around. That really shouldn't happen too often.

School is just SO boring lately, so much so that I don't even care anymore. In math, I never pay attention to her lectures and do my homework three days ahead. In English, I totally zone out my very feminist teacher's voice talking about equality, sexism, and acceptance. In Chem, I doodle. All period long. Just doodle. French is the worst. We've been working on the imparfait, a verb tense, for about 4 weeks now and people still don't get it. I literally count the minutes in that class And my World History teacher is so spacey, we have the entire period to goof off. Nothing I do at school is productive! I want something to challenge me!

Problem #2- College. I realize I'm only a sophomore, so I still have some time to think about things. But I've been looking into things, and there are just too many schools that I like! I want my college experiance to be something different. I've lived in the same area of California all my life and I want to leave. I know that I want to major in Food Science or Nutrition, so that narrows down the schools a bit. But there's so many types of colleges. I go to a somewhat small high school, about 1500 students, so I want it to be quite a bit bigger than that. But would I feel lost at a school of 20000?

And then there's the location of the school. I've been seriously looking into Colorado State University, but after never seeing snow except in Tahoe about once every 5 years, will that be too cold for this Californian? Would the East Coast be too far from home? And what about academics. I could probably get into a really good school, and would going to a not so academically challenging school be too boring? And do I want to play field hockey in college on a club team or a real team or not at all? Ugh. There's just SO MANY colleges to look at. I'll never be able to decide.

Thanks for letting me vent!

+ Reply to Thread