+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3305286;
    That's how I heard about it too only in my e-mail he said that you were rehearsing for Dancing With The Stars.

Someone needs to invent a band-aid that will stick on the palm of someone's hand. I've gone through more than half a box of them since last night.
    Me too. Nothing stays on the hand. If you resort to using gauze, then you look like the injury is far worse than it is. Have you tried a liquid bandage? The stuff you paint on?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You've got to stick your "fashion sense" in a sock when you've got an injury that needs to be bandaged. Who cares how it looks? You've got to do what you've got to do!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3305630;
    You've got to stick your "fashion sense" in a sock when you've got an injury that needs to be bandaged. Who cares how it looks? You've got to do what you've got to do!
    My mother got a bad infection on her elbow (she was also on massive steroids that had suppressed her immune system) that liked to have never cleared up. Bandages don't stay well there either. So she cut the foot off a tube sock and used that over her elbow to help hold the bandage in place. Worked great.

You could do something similar by cutting holes for the fingers and thumb in the foot of the sock.

or a plastic glove if you have one. I always have a box on hand (non-latex for me) because I cannot touch any kind of meat before it is cooked. I - j u s t - c a n ' t

Bunny: Ouch! I was going to suggest that "Liquid Bandaid" stuff too. It comes in a little bottle like nail polish and it works pretty well. I discovered it when Henry got on the losing side of a fight with his "brother" and had a long gash in his ear - that stuff stopped the bleeding and it healed up really well.

Gabriel: I bruised my knee very badly last fall and got some of those "medicated pain patches" - I think they are called Activon (made by the highly annoying "Apply Directly Where It Hurts" people). Anyway, they worked really well and my mom used them when she sprained her ankle a few weeks later. If your foot still hurts, that might help.

I hope all of you feel better. I tripped over the dog last night, but the only injury was to my favorite insulated cup. Sadly, it was a fatal injury.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

I forgot about those pain patches, they really do work. I think the Icy Hot people make them too.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3306543;
    B
    I hope all of you feel better. I tripped over the dog last night, but the only injury was to my favorite insulated cup. Sadly, it was a fatal injury.
    I too had my favorite giant sized cold cup busted; it happened at work last week It was a huge hot pink one with a palm tree on it, and I don't know where to find another one!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3306543;

Gabriel: I bruised my knee very badly last fall and got some of those "medicated pain patches" - I think they are called Activon (made by the highly annoying "Apply Directly Where It Hurts" people). Anyway, they worked really well and my mom used them when she sprained her ankle a few weeks later. If your foot still hurts, that might help.

Thanks doxie - I'm feeling better but I'll remember the patches. Just WHICH canine did YOU trip over (tsk tsk) and did you get a DIRTY LOOK? oh yeah and sorry about the cup. (*aside* pfft)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3307849;
    Thanks doxie - I'm feeling better but I'll remember the patches. Just WHICH canine did YOU trip over (tsk tsk) and did you get a DIRTY LOOK? oh yeah and sorry about the cup. (*aside* pfft)
    Well, considering the fact that I was standing by the fridge attempting to get ice out of the dispenser, of COURSE it was Henry that I tripped over. He is always lurking underfoot if anyone is in the kitchen. I didn't get a dirty look (until later) because the avalanche of ice scared him into waddling away.

Queenb: My cup was a huge lime green thing. I'm on the lookout for another one, but this time I'm getting one with a lid. I have busted Henry drinking my water several times. Good luck finding a new cup!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3308078;
    Well, considering the fact that I was standing by the fridge attempting to get ice out of the dispenser, of COURSE it was Henry that I tripped over. He is always lurking underfoot if anyone is in the kitchen. I didn't get a dirty look (until later) because the avalanche of ice scared him into waddling away.

Queenb: My cup was a huge lime green thing. I'm on the lookout for another one, but this time I'm getting one with a lid. I have busted Henry drinking my water several times. Good luck finding a new cup!
    POOR poor HENRY

+ Reply to Thread