+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Gut, good wishes for your bil. Great news on his job!!

MRD, I truly believe she knows your heart is with her. It's hard when we don't live in the same town as our loved ones, and can't get there licketysplit. My thoughts and prayers and hugs are with you.

My condolences MRD.

Sorry to hear about your aunt MRD. You have my condolences. She knew how much you loved her and that's what matters. My son's girlfriends mom just died last December. She'd been sick for a long time and Tracy had just spent 2 weeks with her but had to come back home to get back to work. We got the call that her mom had died about 2 hours before her bus got in and then Tracy had to make the decision on whether to go back for the memorial service. She ended up not going because of the expense, the long distance and not having any more time off available from her job. It was a hard decision for her, but I know that her mother would have understood, and she spent quality time with her while she was alive, and that's what really matters.

MRD - I'm so sorry for your loss. It's not important whether or not you attend the funeral. What's important is the time you spent with her when she was alive. I'm sure she knew how important she was to you.

MRD I'm very sorry for your loss.

mrd, I'm so sorry about your aunt. And I'm sorry you won't be able to attend her funeral, I'm sure she would understand.

gutmutter What a day of extremes for your BIL!

MRD

Thanks all. I didn't realize this happened until I got to school, but I don't wear blue much. i don't even own much blue. My aunt's favorite color was a shade of turquoise blue. Well I bought a turtleneck that color on clearance at Walmart last week and didn't even think about it being her favorite color when I bought it. I got dressed this morning, got to school and was walking to class when it dawned on me that I was wearing her favorite color. And it made me smile and I got through the day.

I might get to go to Tampa afterall. Plans are being worked on now.

But thanks guys. I guess it's sort of bittersweet. She's not suffering, she's with my parents and I know she loved me. I think mostly I'm sad for myself because I will miss her. (and for my cousin, her daughter who will miss her terribly). But she's where she wanted to be now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3293759;
    Gut, I'm sure this is a day he won't soon forget. Hope the finger heals successfully and that is great news on the job.

My beloved aunt, the only "real" aunt I had (my other aunts were my grandmothers sisters, this aunt was my father's only sister. My mom was an only child) passed away.
    I can't get to the funeral because I can't get a flight. (both the funeral and the Superbowl are in the same town this weekend. You can't get a crop duster flight into Tampa right now) I am going to miss her terribly. She has been like a second mom to me, especially after mine died 8 years ago.
    I got the news early this morning. Now I have to try to go to school and actually concentrate when I can barely get myself dressed this morning.
    I am so sorry I missed this post. Please accept my condolences my dear. I am sure your Aunt knows that you loved her and would do the same if she were in your shoes.

I too missed it MRD. I'm sorry for your loss. There are no words.

Wow, Gut, best wishes to your BIL. Life certainly is strange.

mrd, sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt.

+ Reply to Thread