+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

The tv remote in the livingroom has most of the numbers rubbed off. I get confused every now and then because I can't see the mute button anymore. My son has it mastered though so he could care less.
    Yup, with donuts!!

You can buy remotes at Walmart and they're easy to program. I keep 3 in the tv room (one hidden where only I can find it) because my kids are always losing them.

On a more serious note... I just got a call from my sister that her husband was out trying to snowblow this wet, nasty stuff and the snowblower wasn't working. He went to clear it and cut off a finger! He is in the emergency room. She was able to find the finger and send it with him. He recently lost his job and they have a son with autism, so life isn't easy to start with. Please pray for him/them or send good thoughts.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3292577;
    On a more serious note... I just got a call from my sister that her husband was out trying to snowblow this wet, nasty stuff and the snowblower wasn't working. He went to clear it and cut off a finger! He is in the emergency room. She was able to find the finger and send it with him. He recently lost his job and they have a son with autism, so life isn't easy to start with. Please pray for him/them or send good thoughts.
    OMGosh!!! That is awful!
    Sending good thoughts his way! Hope they can reattach it successfully!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3292577;
    You can buy remotes at Walmart and they're easy to program. I keep 3 in the tv room (one hidden where only I can find it) because my kids are always losing them.

I am sending prayers and good thoughts.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And, when will they start putting "chirpers" in remotes so that you can, somehow, activate it and FIND the lost remote??

Sorry to hear about your family's issues, Gut. Good thoughts and prayers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks everyone! An update... They were not able to reattach what was cut off, but it wasn't the whole finger. It was from the top knuckle up of his middle finger. And on the way to the hospital in the ambulance, he got a call from a place where he had interviewed and he got the job and starts Monday. Sheesh! Life is weird.
    Count your blessings!

Sorry to hear that Gut! My BIL is an emergency room physician and he was warning me about snow blowers (we just got one this year). Apparently there is stored energy in the blades even when they are not turned on/unplugged. He said he sees many hand injuries due to this Use a stick or something people to clear out the snow, . Glad to hear he got the job.

I'm glad he got his job but sure sorry to hear about his accident. Hand injuries are so painful. Will his finger be healed enough to start his job on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3292767;
    Thanks everyone! An update... They were not able to reattach what was cut off, but it wasn't the whole finger. It was from the top knuckle up of his middle finger. And on the way to the hospital in the ambulance, he got a call from a place where he had interviewed and he got the job and starts Monday. Sheesh! Life is weird.
    Wow, lose a finger get a job. Talk about two extremes in one day. He has my prayers.

MRD

Gut, I'm sure this is a day he won't soon forget. Hope the finger heals successfully and that is great news on the job.

My beloved aunt, the only "real" aunt I had (my other aunts were my grandmothers sisters, this aunt was my father's only sister. My mom was an only child) passed away.
    I can't get to the funeral because I can't get a flight. (both the funeral and the Superbowl are in the same town this weekend. You can't get a crop duster flight into Tampa right now) I am going to miss her terribly. She has been like a second mom to me, especially after mine died 8 years ago.
    I got the news early this morning. Now I have to try to go to school and actually concentrate when I can barely get myself dressed this morning.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread