+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Closet, so glad you got relief.

Prhoshay is correct in that woman and men can present different symptoms of cardiac pain. My mom had jaw pain that turned out to be from a cardiac "event". I had always heard of the left arm pain until then, but her doctor is the one that said it can be different in everyone and that men and women usually have different symptoms.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Well my dog has to have surgery tomorrow and I found out today that budget cuts have forced a huge cutback at the museum. They will be going from being open 6 days a week to 5 and because I'm low on the totem pole, my hours will be virtually non-existant.
    The rest of the staff took a 10% pay cut. I should be happy that we're still open. But this is not good news and losing the little bit of extra money each month is not going to cripple us at home, but it's going to make things obviously tighter. Good news is that I will have more time to study.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That sucks about the museum, mrd. Not just for you, but all your coworkers.

Sorry to hear your bad news MRD. I know where you're coming from. I've been laid off for 6 months now. My husbands company just laid off 30 % of their workforce. Thankfully, he wasn't one who was let go. I don't know what we'd do if he lost his job. *shudder*

Sorry you are being cut back MRD. It seems that right now every company is laying people off or cutting back on things. We aren't getting any bonuses this year because of slow business.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3286091;
    Well my dog has to have surgery tomorrow and I found out today that budget cuts have forced a huge cutback at the museum. They will be going from being open 6 days a week to 5 and because I'm low on the totem pole, my hours will be virtually non-existant.
    The rest of the staff took a 10% pay cut. I should be happy that we're still open. But this is not good news and losing the little bit of extra money each month is not going to cripple us at home, but it's going to make things obviously tighter. Good news is that I will have more time to study.
    That's the way to look at it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This problem in minor, but an annoyance, none the less. My remote has stopped controlling the satellite receiver; I'm doing the growl-grumble. Fortunately, the company will send me a new one in 2 days (no charge), so I guess that's the silver lining. I wish everybody's problems were as minor as mine is today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There's nothing more frustrating than remotes that don't work or have gone missing. Good to hear you will be getting a new one! I lost the DVD remote months ago and everytime I need to pause or rewind, I have to get up oldschool style and push the buttons.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3286091;
    Sorry to hear your hours will be cut mrd, but glad you are putting a positive spin on it.

I am extremely thankful to have a job today after my employer announced layoffs yesterday. With the job market being so tight, I am very concerned for the people who do have to find new positions.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3292230;
    There's nothing more frustrating than remotes that don't work or have gone missing. Good to hear you will be getting a new one! I lost the DVD remote months ago and everytime I need to pause or rewind, I have to get up oldschool style and push the buttons.
    I bought a new universal remote last week because the fast forward and number 6 buttons stopped working on mine. All of the kids channels on our cable provider have a 6 in them, so I'm guessing that is why we lost that particular button. I'm sure my kids are just happy that I won't make THEM get up to hit the fast forward anymore!!

+ Reply to Thread