+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 256566676869707172737475767778798081828384851251755751075 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

CCL
    You did the right thing Glitternerfball! You'll have some nice time away from the ogres and then be able to start your new career in September all fresh.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Glitter, I know how energy-draining and spirit-sapping that kind of crap at work can be, but if you have it in you, I would get vindictive. I don't know what kind of agencies in the U.S. you all have to help out with labour relations issues, but here in Canada we have a Labour Board that you can apply to when it gets THAT bad. In your case, for instance, I would take the administrator of the hospital to the board and demand that they continue your health insurance for the 4 months you'll be without, and/or the salary you're giving up by quitting. The Board takes employee complaints very seriously and can order financial judgements against the employer if they rule in favour of the complaintant.

Like I said, I don't know if you have any kind of recourse like that where you are, but your case sounds pretty serious. I had the good fortune to work with a fabulous nursing staff when I was in healthcare - the ones you're working with don't sound like they have any right to call themselves healthcare providers. Brutal.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    Tell me I'm doing the right thing - I decided to quit my job. . . . So tell me, quitting in April sounds like a good plan, doesn't it?
    Glitter, YOU'RE DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!

I quit my own terrible job back in early October 2004 after carefully laying out my espcape plan, and I have never, ever, ever regretted doing it. (I posted about it in some threads here, too -- that was so helpful.)

I know you're making the right decision by quitting in April. You've thought things out, you've weighed the pros and cons of staying versus leaving, and you've come up with a plan.

I know you'll be so very relieved when you're out of your work Hell-hole, and I know that life will improved immediately for you, for sure.

SO GO FOR IT, GLITTER. It's later than you think and life is way, way too short to spend your days in a crappy job that makes you feel so bad!!

Premium Member
    Glitter, I agree you need to get out of there. I've been a nurse for 27 years and I've never heard of such awful behavior from people who are supposed to be professionals. It makes me sick and nobody should have to put up with that crap. I wish you well.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Glitter, I agree with everyone else. You ARE doing the right thing. You do not deserve this kind of treatment from anyone. Also, these are grown women.....they should start acting like ADULTS. I wish you the best of luck.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Update: So I met with the administrator. He was supposed to be impartial as he's new. He A: postponed the meeting and said he'd call me when he's ready to see me, no benefit of a set time B: When he did call me said he only had a few minutes because he had another meeting to go to (which by the way was a meeting I had reminded him of when he canceled as I minute that meeting) C: Did not call me by my correct name the ENTIRE time (I have a Lee tagged on to my name, he left it off ) D: Said I need to realize that nurses jobs are more stressful than jobs say, in the film industry (which was my last job, as a PA - when I told him he didn't understand how stressful it could be he shut me up and said that they don't deal with peoples lives on a film set) and E: SAid nurses will be nurses, they need to blow of steam and I should understand that and deal.

I am so out of that place.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Glitter - you're absolutely doing the right thing. It's a shame that they aren't doing anything about the awful behavior of the nurses, but it's also not something you should put up with. I quit my job over a year ago and although sometimes it's a financial struggle, it's so worth it for my own sanity and peace of mind.

Good luck with your teacher interviews. Focus all your energy on that - it's not worth expending energy on people who you don't need in your life.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    Said I need to realize that nurses jobs are more stressful than jobs say, in the film industry (which was my last job, as a PA - when I told him he didn't understand how stressful it could be he shut me up and said that they don't deal with peoples lives on a film set) and E: SAid nurses will be nurses, they need to blow of steam and I should understand that and deal.

I am so out of that place.
    That is BS Glitter. Yeah, it's true that nurses have a lot of stress in their jobs, but that in no way makes their behavior your problem to 'deal' with. To say 'nurses will be nurses' sounds like they are excusing them as if that is normal behavior for nurses. That just makes me want to scream... those people are not representative of what most of us are like. I've never worked anyplace in all these years where nurses could treat anyone like they treated you and get by with it. In my last job I got in trouble for rolling my eyes at someone. Geezus. You are well rid of that place! Good luck to you.

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    Well I have 2 problems right now:

1. My report card is coming soon. I think is coming next Friday or Thursday. I think that i failed 2 classes. Now that' snot the only bad part, it gets worst. Parent Teacher Conference is in 3 weeks. Meaning that my parents are going to have to come in. NOW you know what that means. I may get hit or yelled at in public, in front of everybody. The last Parent teacher conference my father went. It was a night mare. He yelled, screamed at me and hit me. Almost everybody seen it. And with that report card I didn't even fail a class, i just had a low average. Now, imagine this, if i fail a class. If i fail 2 classes? I am so scared.

2. My second problem is that me and my friend ______ are going through stuff. I have done some really messed up stuff to him without even noticing it. I have been playing games with him and stringing along for 5 months. He really likes me and even loves me (so he says) but i just wont go out with him. I have told him that i love him back, which i do. Nut i love the fact that he is in love with me than i am in love with him. Isn't that funny? He sent me a text message today saying that i should just let him go. I am really close to him and he is one of my closest friends. I don't know if i can live without him. I have to speak to him at least once a day or i wont feel complete. Him just thinking that makes me want to cry. Everyone is saying, just go out with him but i don't have those type of feelings for him. I don't know what type of feelings i have for him. He thinks i go out with this boy named K____. I do have a little some thing with him though. I feel so bad and this is really stressing me out. HE told me that he was gonna call me back. I am waiting for his phone call. We really need to talk. I hope he hurry ups and calls.

Well, those are my problems. Well the ones that i choose to tell all of you FORTers. Please give me some feedback or some advice.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

J1VNU - NO one, I don't care who they are, has the right to hit you. Period. Talk to someone who can help you. Now. Your school guidance counselor, a trusted teacher - someone. They are required to report these types of incidents, and can refer you to to people who can help you. You must not be afraid - you are too young to live in fear of that.

I repeat - NO ONE has the right to hit you.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread