+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3262634;
    This is how tired I am: I just puzzled over that phrase way too long. Sorry your sweetie didn't make it.
    I'm thinking misskitty meant she ate chocolate rather than aging it....if it makes you feel any better Gutmutter, I stared at it for awhile too and tried to figure out how you age chocolate!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Chocolate doesn't usually have a chance to age at my place ... it's gone too quickly for that! In fact, I used to tell my son (before he moved out) and my ex that any chocolate in the house more than 24 hours automatically became mine!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

MRD

I've never seen a piece of aged chocolate either. It's gone too fast.
    Oh wait, I have seen some rather old M & M's under a sofa cushion once.

Miss Kitty, sorry you couldn't be with your sweetie over the holidays. Hoping that you two are able to have some time together soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3262639;
    I'm thinking misskitty meant she ate chocolate rather than aging it....if it makes you feel any better Gutmutter, I stared at it for awhile too and tried to figure out how you age chocolate!
    Ooopsy! I was really tired.

But I'm better because my sweetie is driving up to spend a few days here! But I don't have any chocolate left.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Good to hear you get to spend some time with your sweetie. You won't need chocolate, wink, wink!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Besides, he'd probably want you to share your chocolate, and that just isn't done!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

This is kind of silly and I am not sure why I'm still dwelling on it but here goes. Back in the fall some time, I had posted about my so called group of friends who would do things and have events and take photos all without "inviting" me or letting me know about them. well, over Christmas, things had gotten better. I was invited to a few parties and to a gift exchange. I hadn't mentioned it to anyone in months about the lack of invites but apparently I had been "discussed". I sent a friend a message and asked where they had gone on some night b/c it sounded like fun. I kept the message light and was basically making conversation or so I thought. I got a text from her that was meant for someone else that was kind of derogatory towards me asking about where they went and was making fun of me.

I responded that it was a mistake and not meant for me and she back tracked and made it seem like it was all about how I thought this or that about not being invited and that wasn't the case, yada yada, yada. I kept it light, I didn't want to start a major conflict but I was hurt. I am pretty much (and had been or so I thought) done with this group of people and will probably not socialize with them ever again. mr pgm thinks they are jealous and have nothing better to do than put someone down or leave someone out. It sounds like high school. I have been nothing but nice to all these girls - the gift exchange during christmas was so much fun and I took pictures of everyone and their gifts and posted them to share. Just one example but you get what I mean.

Anyway, it's time to start a new year and like I said, I'm done.

Thanks for reading and sorry for all that have "real" problems.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Excellent, PGM. Let It Go....and move on.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

PGM, hey, it's a legitimate problem. We need friends in our lives and when they exclude us or talk about us, it hurts.

I remember your problems with this group and after receviing the text, I would be done too.
    I'm so sorry this has happened to you, but sounds like you've made a good decision to move on. Their are other women out there that have moved beyond the juvenile high school antics and I'm sure you'll find some that will be terriffic friends.

I don't understand why some women feel the need to continually act like they are in HS many, many years past it.

I do think that some people are so insecure that they think they build themselves up by tearing others down. These people aren't friends, don't know how to act like real friends and from the sound of it won't ever know until it's too late.

They are the ones missing out on a terriffic friend and it sounds like they've lost the last chance they had to really have a terriffic friend.

Good luck and may 2009 bring you many real friends that enjoy your company.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Aw PGM, I'm sorry that happened to you and, MRD is right - it is a legitimate problem. It's obviously got very little to do with you and more to do with the character of those women. I'd take the high road and move on....on to adulthood and out of junior high, which is where those women seem to be stuck!

I had something similar happen to me years ago with a small group of friends. One woman emailed another, but sent the email to me instead. It basically slammed me - I thought she and I were pretty close - and said some very unkind and untrue things. When I emailed her back asking if she had meant to send it to me, she back-tracked and tried to make out like I probably felt the same way about her. Well, not before that I email I didn't!

I don't know what it is with some women and how they treat "friends." It's like being back in junior high. Just take comfort in the fact that you are the better person. You can now move on and make new friends who are mature and who appreciate you!

Good luck and may 2009 bring you many real friends that enjoy your company.
    Amen
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread