+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1689Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm sorry about your friend, velvetred.

VelvetRed, I will send plenty of prayers to her family and to you.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Velvetred, my thoughts are with you and prayers to you and your friends family. I went though something similar almost 3 years ago and it's hard. Seems like it's always the great people in this world that go young like that. Sometimes it doesn't take money to make a difference. Make a meal for the husband and kids and take it by. A personal visit is more appreciated than a card anyway and a meal would be something I'm sure they could use.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

VelvetRed, as someone who lost a child earlier this year, I received great comfort from those who wrote about things they had done with my son or little stories about him. Maybe write down something that her children might appreciate reading when they get older. I think we all enjoy hearing about what made our loved one so special to others. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Susan's family.

MRD

I have to agree with Famita. When my parents died, it was all the stories about them that people told or wrote to me that brought a lot of joy and comfort. I had forgotten about that. I have saved all the written ones and occasionally take them out to read.
    Maybe after Christmas I will do that again. It's been a while.

But I agree that hearing how others viewed my loved ones really, truly helped.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Velvetred - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Velvetred, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
    famita, I will be thinking of your officemate.
    srs_in_Oregon, sorry to hear of your troubles, but I'm glad to hear that you have some good news.
    Last edited by pineapple; 12-23-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3256587;
    I found out today that a person that I care about died last week...and her services were yesterday...and I didn't know, so I wasn't there. She died of cancer, had a husband and 2 young sons, she couldn't have been more than 36 years old. My heart is broken. Her name is Susan, please send prayers to her family, she is truly an angel in Heaven now (she was that kind of person in real life)
    My heartfelt condolences to you upon finding out of the death of your dear friend. I just lost my cousin to cancer about a month ago, and even as family, we had no idea that her cancer had indeed returned and she was undergoing chemo and not doing well. We were caught by surprise, as you were, and unable to travel to the US for the funeral because we had no passports.

famita: I've sent healing prayers to your office worker as well. Please be well and take care of yourself during this stressful time too!

------

My sweetie's one little nephew who is 9, was scheduled to receive his Children's Wish Foundation trip to Hawaii with his Mom and Dad for Christmas yesterday. Unfortunately, with all the weather conditions and airline problems, they have been unable to fly out to the islands. Everything was planned for their arrival there, so we're all unsure if they will be able to reschedule and if he will still be able to travel at that time. It's very, very, disappointing. But we're glad they aren't stuck midway in an airport without medical care close by.

Also, somethings gone very wrong with my e-mail. Can't get into it, had too much mail, and now the computer thinks it's open when it isn't. Can't send holiday greetings or anything to anyone! Yikes! I need my e-mail!
    Last edited by misskitty; 12-23-2008 at 05:03 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My sweetie didn't make it here for New Year's. It's too cold, the highways have whiteouts so it's not safe to travel, but he is getting over his cold. So I age chocolate and watched movies until 5am. Now I'm just tired. Maybe next week I'll see him.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3262446;
    My sweetie didn't make it here for New Year's. It's too cold, the highways have whiteouts so it's not safe to travel, but he is getting over his cold. So I age chocolate and watched movies until 5am. Now I'm just tired. Maybe next week I'll see him.
    This is how tired I am: I just puzzled over that phrase way too long. Sorry your sweetie didn't make it.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread