+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1554Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

Lois, feel better soon!

srs, sorry about your home-still doesn't seem right to me.

MRD, sorry about the party-I didn't know what I was doing, but it sure tasted good! I couldn't stop myself. Good to the last drop. I guess I'll have to buy you another bottle.

MRD

SRS, document EVERYTHING. Date, name, time, etc. and demand everything in writing from both the mortgage company and the so called buyer. Keep copies of EVERYTHING.
    Make notes of phone calls and personal face to face talks. Again, date, time and who, what and where.
    Make sure it's ALL written down and you have copies of EVERYTHING they give you or you give them.

Famita, somehow I doubt you'd have drank the entire thing or would have behaved as rudely.

I swear, it was an adult party not a frat party kegger which is how they acted.

I'm over it today, but you can bet that there are 2 people in this town that will NEVER be invited back. I ended up calling my other guests and apologizing to them. They were all good about it and said not to worry about it, that I can't be responsible for what everyone says. But it was my house and I felt that one had been particularly insulting so I did need to apologize on her behalf.

Oh god, did I mention that both Rosie and Waldo bit my boss that night? and my daughter's rabbit also bit her? She's an animal lover too and we have NO idea why they did it. Well Waldo we know as it's his standard operating procedute to nip people on the bum, but Rosie we have no idea. They were put up in our bedroom too, but she wanted to meet the doggies and the bunny, so maybe Rosie was upset she wasn't invited to the party.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-15-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3251021;
    misskitty- I suggest buying your glasses online. I've gotten some rx sunglasses and regular glasses too and spent less than a 100 for both pair. Very happy with the quality and will never step foot in a lenscrafters store again.
    I never thought of buying online...what an idea! Thank you!

MRD: I`m so sorry you felt your party was ruined by two rude people. I know what it`s like to get so excited about having company and your own party. Whenever someone brings food or booze as a hostess present or holiday gift, the first thing you do after thanking them is put it away in another room or under the tree amongst presents! How rude...no wonder you and hubby were upset. You should feel great that you were able to invite good friends over for the first time in a long time!

SRS: Omgosh. I hope you get your housing fiasco straightened out! How horrible that you find out like that and are expected to just vacate so soon! Keep us posted.

Lois: I`m just getting over a really bad cold and flu. Thankfully, I go to the hospital for an IVG to boost my immune system Wed. If you are still feeling bad, go see a doctor. Losing that much weight doesn`t sound very healthy.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

SRS....Sorry for your family's problems. I agree with everyone else that this doesn't sound right. I would try to find some sort of free legal aid because you definitely need the advice of an attorney....one who specializes in real estate and foreclosure proceedings.

Does anyone else remember hearing something on the news a few weeks ago, where it was said that in light of all this Freddie Mac stuff that banks would be putting off foreclosures for a few months? That way people can stay in their homes during the holiday season and hopefully be able to get a better loan rate and maybe be able to afford to stay in their homes and not have to go through a foreclosure? I swear I heard that somewhere on the news. I even think I heard that GWB was going to sign it, or
    Congress was going to pass it. Something like that.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

You didn't imagine it MamaC...I remember hearing it too.....srs situation shows otherwise tho.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

thank you so much for your good thoughts...I lost my job in February so that really made my year suck, but add this on top of it and...its just been a really bad year, we called the mortgage company and they say that we were notified, we knew that it was going to go to auction before, September I think, but we had it put off because we were working with them, and apparently the loophole is they don't have to give you a new date....if you cant come up with what they need, they don't have to give you notice that your house has a new auction date..and thats where we got stuck... I'm going to call legal aid to get advice with all the legal stuff anyways, but I don't think there is much hope. You know, we've never been evicted, we've always had good rental history..we aren't lowlifes who cant pay our rent, we just came into a bunch of bad luck, and it made it hard to keep up with our mortgage, were good people, but we cant be sure that bad things aren't going to happen. I don't know what were going to do, 10 days isn't a lot of time...and with a foreclosure on our credit its going to be that much harder to find a place...the day after Christmas is the day were supposed to be out, and its really going to put a damper on the festivities...

thanks again.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

SRS Please do follow up with legal aid. In the meantime, there is a lot of info on this site:

Foreclosure on Real Property

The best of luck to you....don't give up.
    CYA

MRD

SRS, this doesn't make you a bad person. Bad things happen to good people and unfortunately with the economy, there is a lot of that going around. Still hoping and praying that things turn around for you guys. Do try to get some legal help for this if you can.

MamaC, some banks are putting off foreclosures and the Government did talk about halting them, but it wasn't a nationwide deal, so some mortgage companies may not be a part of the holding off thing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This thread sure does make me count my blessings everyday.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I still don't understand why the new owner can't allow you to rent from him...unless he already has someone else in mind to move in....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread