+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3251682;
    Something smells fishy to me...........CALL!CALL!CALL! tomorrow!
    thank you..I dont mean to take over the thread lol Im reading on Oregon foreclosure laws, and it doesnt appear that there is any way that our house could have been auctioned without it being made crystal clear that that was going to happen..there shouldnt be any reason for the new owner to show up at our door and say "oh by the way, I bought your house today" even if he did buy it, it seems like we should have then been notified in some sort of professional manner..

I dunno, its all so stressful, I guess I was so shocked that I didnt realize that didnt make sense.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

MRD

SRS, do not take this man's word on it. Where I have lived (in 2 states) the Sherriff's department personally delivers you a notice of eviction that they hand to you and post on the house. A verbal notice is not legal in any state, it must be in writing.

I too have real estate experience and some mortgage experience and what's happened to you has not been done correctly.
    The mortgage company has to notify you of the foreclosure and the auction by certified mail (where you have to sign for it and they can prove you received the notice)

Call the bank today and find out exactly what is going on. And there might be some free legal aid that could help you and your family as well. Depending on where you live, there are legal aid groups that help with these kinds of problems. You may need a lawyer, which is expensive, but you have rights and they have not been met.

I wish you all the best and I'm sorry you're family has been having to deal with this espcially at Christmas. But don't despair, this was not done the way it should have been so you do have recourse.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Let us know what happens, srs. I think it is a scam. It is easy to make papers to "prove" that he bought the house. It sounds to me like he is trying to get your parents to sign the house over to him and they would still be stuck with the bill. The con artists come out in full swing when the economy is like this. Some people are just scum.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

srs, I agree with the others. It sounds like that guy's a thief and is trying to take advantage of an unfortunate situation.

mrd, sorry that your party guests turned out to be so rude. And who helps themselves to a gift like that?

I have been sick for the past few days with severe stomach flu. I caught it at a friend's house where everyone had been sick, apparently, but didn't bother to tell me this and I caught it. Why do people invite others over when their family has been sick? I feel like death warmed over and dropped 8 pounds in two days. Not good for me. Anyhow, feeling better--but can't return to work yet. That's my little misery. Nothing devastating. Just complaining a little.

Feel better soon, Lois!

srs,

That guy's story stinks to high heaven. I'm not sure where you are in Oregon but try calling your local county bar association and find out if there is any sort of free legal clinic that deals with foreclosure and eviction issues. I'd be shocked if there is any sort of law requiring a new owner to evict you and you definitely should have been personally notified in writing of the pending auction date and your legal rights. I'm with everyone else. Whatever your parents do, they should not sign anything that guy tries to get them to sign.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

srs_in_Oregon I don't have any new advice to add, but I agree with everyone else, something is definitely not right with that man's story. I'm sorry you are having such a stressful time, I hope everything will get worked out for your parents.

Lois Lane Feel better soon! The stomach flu is the worst, yuck.

well we talked to the mortgage company and it appears that in Oregon all they had to do was list it in the paper..I just dont understand how that is possible..I dont understand how your home can be sold without you knowing anything about it.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

MRD

SRS I'm so sorry. Did you find out what your rights are with the eviction? I would think you have to have more than 10 days notification. Know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers during this stressful time.

Lois, I'm sorry you're sick. I hate that too. I don't know why people either don't stay home when they're sick (instead of coming to MY house to give it to me) or don't tell you if they've been sick and invite you to their house. 8 pounds in 2 days is serious. I hope you are getting plenty of fluids like Gatoraid in your system. Don't get dehydratad.
    Sending healing thoughts your way.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3251947;
    well we talked to the mortgage company and it appears that in Oregon all they had to do was list it in the paper..I just dont understand how that is possible..I dont understand how your home can be sold without you knowing anything about it.
    srs,

I wouldn't take the mortgage company's word either. Please call your local bar association.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread