+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 226263646566676869707172737475767778798081821221725721072 ... LastLast
Like Tree1689Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Premium Member
    I don't know if this is really a "trouble" but I'm so mad/sad right now. I just got a call from the U.S. Government... turned out to be a military recruiter looking for my son. My married son who is leaving tomorrow morning for basic training. The irony of it has got me really worked up.

These last few days have been really hard, the anticipation of saying goodbye has been much harder I think than the actual goodbye will be. I just need tomorrow to get here and get it over with. He's in the ANG and I know in 5 months he will come home, go back to his regular job and normal life. He's not being deployed right now so for that I am very thankful.

I think what is so hard for me is something I have realized over the last few days. My son is 22, married since last October, and in the military by choice. He has cut the strings... I'm the one who hasn't cut the strings yet. That hit me when I realized that after he gets there, when he makes his one phone call it won't be to me. I'm just a mom who is having a hard time letting go. This is nothing compared to what some of your are facing.. but it feels good to have a place to go and talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I think what is so hard for me is something I have realized over the last few days. My son is 22, married since last October, and in the military by choice. He has cut the strings... I'm the one who hasn't cut the strings yet. That hit me when I realized that after he gets there, when he makes his one phone call it won't be to me. I'm just a mom who is having a hard time letting go. This is nothing compared to what some of your are facing.. but it feels good to have a place to go and talk about it.
    Aww, Marley!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Oh Marley, I know where you're coming from. My son went to Japan for a whole year. He was my "baby" and he had never been away for more than a week before he started boot camp. Chances are he will sometimes call you first. All good sons do that. Now that my son is stateside, and over 800 miles away, he calls about once a month just to say hey. I've kept myself busy with other things, so it doesn't seem so bad. I'll be thinking about you.
    Flower2000, I will be thinking about you too. I have dithered about whether to respond or not. Just know that you have people who do care. We might not always know what to say or when to say it, but we do care.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I don't know if this is really a "trouble" but I'm so mad/sad right now. I just got a call from the U.S. Government... turned out to be a military recruiter looking for my son. My married son who is leaving tomorrow morning for basic training. The irony of it has got me really worked up.

These last few days have been really hard, the anticipation of saying goodbye has been much harder I think than the actual goodbye will be. I just need tomorrow to get here and get it over with. He's in the ANG and I know in 5 months he will come home, go back to his regular job and normal life. He's not being deployed right now so for that I am very thankful.

Awww Marley, your post made me misty eyed. Sometimes kids don't understand that parents need them to call them first once in a while (I'm an almost 30 yr old who doesn't call her parents nearly as much as they would like) Even though we are grown, we are still your babies. The only way to realize this is to have children of your own or start planning on having children. I'm sure he will call you and let you know how he is. You and your family will be in my prayers. If you ever need someone to talk to, I am only a pm away.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

but it feels good to have a place to go and talk about it.
    sent you a pm Marley. It is nice to vent here.
    take care, Jami

Premium Member
    Thanks everyone! He came over this afternoon and we had 3 hours to talk. I got to to say all the things I wanted to say to him but didn't think I would get the chance. Now I'm ready for tomorrow and I know it's going to be ok.

Good good good. Glad you're feeling better about it Marley. I'm sure both of you will fondly remember the time you spent together today for a long time to come.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Marley, that is good that you got to talk to just him. I wish him, you, and the family the best of luck.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Right now my troubles are message board woes. I've been a member of another message board for a long time and I really liked it until recently when a few troublemakers have been making things miserable for me there.

I'm still trying to get used to the FORT but right now it seems so big to me and I don't know anybody here so it's intimidating. I'll be easing my way into this forum little by little and maybe eventually it will feel like home to me and I won't have any desire to go back to the other board.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu
    Right now my troubles are message board woes. I've been a member of another message board for a long time and I really liked it until recently when a few troublemakers have been making things miserable for me there.

I'm still trying to get used to the FORT but right now it seems so big to me and I don't know anybody here so it's intimidating. I'll be easing my way into this forum little by little and maybe eventually it will feel like home to me and I won't have any desire to go back to the other board.

pikachu, I'm sorry that your other site turned that way. But on the flip side, you will absolutley love it here once you get used to it. This is a friendly site with lots to post about. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

+ Reply to Thread