+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1688Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'll also have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers paridy...

Keep us informed when you get a chance!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

[QUOTE=Marleybone;3211563;]Hello everyone,

We all have things that trouble us and it's good to have a place to talk about it, but it's time to address a couple of concerns we have about this thread.

Please remember that we are first, and foremost a reality tv discussion board.

We have noticed that over time some of the posts in here have become increasingly personal and graphic in their descriptions of medical conditions. Please keep in mind that while you may be comfortable discussing your bodily functions in public, this is TMI for most FORT members, and we don't want anyone to feel they have to avoid this thread for fear of learning more than they wanted to know about someone's digestive tract, intimate female issues, etc.

Also, while we understand that there are certainly many medical professionals among our members, it has never been our intention, nor was it the original purpose of this thread to be a resource for medical advice. If you are suffering from a medical condition, the appropriate place to discuss it is in a private setting with your own medical professional, and not on a public message board.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.[/QUOT

I just wanted to apologize for my previous posts. I was honestly frightened, this is my first miscarriage and many on this site have come forward to say that they too have had my same experience. Anything I asked was not a substitute for medical advice, it was just to talk and ease my mind before I could get in to be seen. I have moved to 3 different cities in just a few years, and, as embarrassing as this is to admit, I don't have any 'real life' friends to talk to at this point. I actually am a normal person but just haven't had a chance to stay in one place long enough to get to know anyone. Many of you have been so kind and understanding of my issues, and I felt comfortable talking about my current health issue, but obviously I have offended people in the process and for that I apologize.

Thanks to all of you who offered comfort and advice. Reproductive health issues are a very scary thing to endure. I will not post here anymore, I get the feeling I haven't made many friends here. Thanks again.

onei0091 - Please don't feel that way. I think we all, at one time or another, post something that maybe we shouldn't. We just learn from the experience and move on. Feel free to post here any time you want. I can't speak for anyone else, but I would hope that I could be considered a friend.

paridy - My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope your dad is able to find peace.

MRD

Onei,

There are a LOT of caring supportive people here and there is no reason to quit posting.

This website has gotten me through times when they've been particularly tough. I moved 2 years ago to a new state and until this year, haven't had friends here. So having online friends has gotten me through a lot of rough times.

The FORT is a very caring and supportive place.

You just have to read some of the posts on the troubles thread to see that. We're all here for each other and for you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

on ei0091- There ARE a lot of caring people here, please don't stop posting.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3211893;
    I will not post here anymore, I get the feeling I haven't made many friends here. Thanks again.
    You are certainly free to stop posting if you choose, but there is no need for you to do so based on what I said. This is something that the mod team has been looking at for some time now, and it's not directed towards any one individual member. We simply don't feel that the entire FORT community needs to be subjected to some of the intimate details that were being posted here. That doesn't mean you can't talk about your problems, just don't share anything that you wouldn't talk about at the dinner table. That's all we ask.

Marleybone, I had to chuckle because you mentioned the dinner table. My dad and little sis were/are drs and we'd talk about operations and symptoms and all sorts of things at the dinner table.

Onei, I know we'd all like to continue hearing from you. We might not have medical degreed, but we sure know when it's time to see a medical professional.

paridy, keeping you, your family, and your father in my thoughts and prayers.

MRD

Without going into detail, I'm having a really rough time with my IC. I saw the dr. this morning, had my treatment. Everything was fine until I got home and the pain started up. Usually I get 24-36 hours pain free after a treatment. The new meds they started me on 2 weeks ago are causing some side effects that I can't tolerate, so I'm off those now. I've been through so many prescriptions for this in the last few months. I have so many bottles of pills that I now can't take. It's such a waste.

And I'm so tired of the almost constant pain. I was doing well with it for a while, but now I'm not dealing so well with it.

I know there are lots of people worse off than I am, but I honestly don't know how to keep coping with chronic pain anymore. I am at the end of my rope in dealing with this right now.

Thanks for letting me vent. Sometimes that's all I need to feel a bit better.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sorry to hear, MRD. Maybe it's time to "get a second/third opinion" or change doctors? And/or, maybe it could be beneficial to seek alternative approaches.

And, I would hope that in a thread titled "Talk about your troubles" that it wouldn't become "off topic" to talk about one's troubles. What would someone expect to find except troubles, and compassion? I sincerely doubt that anyone is trying to offer medical advice (or accept it) on this thread. What I've seen is people sharing their experience and telling what worked/didn't work for them. Perhaps the Admin is worried about liability.

onei, I hope that you're still reading this thread.

Sorry about your IC problems mrd. I think I remember you mentioning you had a special diet you had to follow. It stuck in my mind because it felt as if there was almost nothing you could eat and I thought at the time there was no way I do it. Is that diet not working?

+ Reply to Thread