+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I just found out today that the company that I work for, or that I'm laid off from actually, is having another round of lay-offs. When I was laid off they said that it would be for up to 3 months. Well, that was July 21. So, I guess it's gonna be a bit longer than 3 months. I think it's time to start seriously looking for another job.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think you're right.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sounds like the handwriting is on the wall, Lil Bit. I think I'd start looking around, if I were you. Good luck!

I have been keeping an eye out and I've even sent my resume in a couple of times. I'm also toying with the idea of taking some classes at the local college, as nervous as even the thought of that makes me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've heard a saying that says it's easier to find a job when you already have one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Good luck Lil Bit I hope you find something soon.

MRD

Sending positive job wishes your way Lil' Bit.

I volunteered myself into a job. Is this something that you might be able to do?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. The problem is that I live in a very small community and that limits the jobs that are available. Good ones anyway. Plus, since I'm laid off, when I tell a prospective employer that, they may think that I'll only stay with them for a short while and go back to my old job if and when they call me back.

I have taken a part time job waitressing. I can earn up to 25 percent of my benefit amount and not lose my unemployment. I actually kind of like it. I spent most of my life working in the food service industry at various levels, but I never liked waiting on tables. Maybe it's because I'm older now or whatever, but I like it better now, and the tips are pretty good. Not that this is what I want to do forever, but it helps with a little spending money. I'm sticking every dime in a savings account for Christmas.

Premium Member

Hello everyone,

We all have things that trouble us and it's good to have a place to talk about it, but it's time to address a couple of concerns we have about this thread.

Please remember that we are first, and foremost a reality tv discussion board.

We have noticed that over time some of the posts in here have become increasingly personal and graphic in their descriptions of medical conditions. Please keep in mind that while you may be comfortable discussing your bodily functions in public, this is TMI for most FORT members, and we don't want anyone to feel they have to avoid this thread for fear of learning more than they wanted to know about someone's digestive tract, intimate female issues, etc.

Also, while we understand that there are certainly many medical professionals among our members, it has never been our intention, nor was it the original purpose of this thread to be a resource for medical advice. If you are suffering from a medical condition, the appropriate place to discuss it is in a private setting with your own medical professional, and not on a public message board.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Premium Member

Can everyone please pray for my father tonight. He is having an especially bad day, with blood clots and the cancer has now spread to his bladder. We are not sure if he will make it through tonight. I really need some prayers and guidance so my dad can make it through tonight. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread