+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2018Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;3208763;
    It was a year ago yesterday that Critter died, and I still miss her. Last night I looked at pictures of her on my phone and then today I went to her grave and did a little clearing and visiting.
    Oh man, I know this one. Mona went to the Rainbow Bridge in Jan 2007 and there are sometimes I just miss her immensely, even though I have Joey around me. I am so glad I have Mona here in her container and that I have pictures of her.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;3208763;
    It was a year ago yesterday that Critter died, and I still miss her. Last night I looked at pictures of her on my phone and then today I went to her grave and did a little clearing and visiting.
    I know how you feel Shaybo, it was about this time last year when my little Lucius began to get really ill. And two of my other dogs died in the fall as well, this time of year has some not so great memories/associations. I hope visiting her grave made you feel a little closer to Critter for a while.

MRD

Sending hugs to you all that are missing your furry ones tonight.

I got really exasperated with Waldo because he was in the way AGAIN and I couldn't think of his name and ended up stuttering out: "get out of my way WALMART!" My husband inhaled beer through his noes.

So nah, I'm not stressed, I can't remember my dogs name.

Thanks all for the encouragement. I'm feeling a bit better tonight. We measured the new house for blinds and my husband actually accomplished a LOT to day while I was at work towards the move.

Shay, I am always preaching about breaking all jobs down into smaller jobs so they don't look so large and you feel some accomplishment when done. I need to listen to my own advice.

But thanks everyone. I know once the move is over, I will be a lot more relaxed and hopefully the bladder stuff will go away soon.
    I haven't had any anxiety in ages (heck, I've given TWO public speeches in the last 2 months and didn't get nervous over either one, so why the anxiety now?)
    Last edited by MRD; 10-01-2008 at 12:17 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3209014;
    Sending hugs to you all that are missing your furry ones tonight.

I got really exasperated with Waldo because he was in the way AGAIN and I couldn't think of his name and ended up stuttering out: "get out of my way WALMART!" My husband inhaled beer through his noes.
    We used to have a similar problem coming up with the dog's name at random points-- except that we'd replace the dog's name with my younger sister's, and on occasion, trying to call for my sister, we'd call her by the dog's name. No wonder the dog thought she fell between me and my sister on the "food chain."

Walmart, though, that's hilarious--I could see how it would be hard to get around Walmart

MRD

I have called my daughter by the dog's name before and vice versa. She doesn't like it. (and neither does my daughter! )

I had an aunt that roll called all the neices and nephews that were older than me before she finally got to my name. (I was the youngest, it was a long list).

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3209023;
    I have called my daughter by the dog's name before and vice versa. She doesn't like it. (and neither does my daughter! )).

Well my coffee just went up my nose from this one. THANKS HONEY!

I had an aunt that roll called all the neices and nephews that were older than me before she finally got to my name. (I was the youngest, it was a long list).
    My Mother does that with me, my Uncle, and brother, sputters out all three names...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3208629;
    If that doesn't work for you, my signature line offers never-fail advice
    I agree with you. Just a few minutes of that therapy is usually enough to restore my lungs to their proper breathing behavior, and while I will have a small headache for a while, after the adrenaline rush is over I can carry on with what I need to do in a remarkably rational manner.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I have called my daughter by the dog's name before and vice versa. She doesn't like it. (and neither does my daughter! )

Hahaha, well played. Somehow I managed to escape that fate-- maybe my name doesn't flow off the tongue quite as easily.

Gosh, your aunt must think you have a pretty long name!

Thanks mrd. I'm glad I didn't have anything to drink or I'd be cleaning my laptop screen right now

MRD

Glad to help. Sorry Gabriel, didn't mean to give your nose a coffee cleanout.

+ Reply to Thread