+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1456Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

mrd, you have so much going on right now, it can't be helping your bladder problem. I hope when you get moved in, and everything settles down a bit, your health will improve.

Yeah, if I'd thought I was going to live this long . . .
    You're a spring chicken, you durn-fool whippersnapper
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Hi all,
    I contacted my OB/GYN and am waiting to hear back. They told me to take a pregnancy test - I took two- one yesterday, one today, both negative. The spotting cotinued yesterday and today has stopped but I have lower back pain and very slight cramping. ?? I'm freaked out, plus I feel really, REALLY hormonal and that is not helping things at all. I don't think I've ever felt so out of sorts before in my life. Crying jags, etc. I hope I hear from the doctor soon, I want everything checked out. Worried about a tumor or something...

MRD - I totally understand how you feel. My anxiety does okay until I have a several things that are require my attention and then I start to spiral into a bad anxious episode. Doesn't even have to be bad things, just several things at once. I am in the same boat as you - lots of stuff going on and I'm so frustrated with my health issues (whatever's going on reproductive-wise and my eye) that all I can seem to do is, well, nothing. I am ineffective when anxious, can't get anything done.

If your doc told you it might take awhile then you can at least rest assured that the fact it's taking awhile is not uncommon or a sign of something bad. Just par for the course, so you should be okay.

Also, us anxious prone people are, well, exactly that - more prone to anxiety than the average and it's not a failure on your part if the anxiety starts to resurface. You know that you are prone to it, so don't beat yourself up over it, just take extra good care of yourself right now and roll with it. You and your health are more important than whatever else is going on so if you feel you need to delegate stuff to other people or allow yourself a break, go ahead and do that. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

I hope you are feeling better, MRD. You are a really great person, even when you are feeling down.

And MRD - I'm going to remind you of one thing you already know... breathe. When you're about to freak out just stop and breathe consciously. Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat. Old joke, but true.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

THanks all. It helps knowing that everyone is so supportive.

I actually have 5 minutes to use the computer at work. Which means the sky will fall because whenever I have 5 min. and do something un work related, it bites me in the butt.

Oneji,
    I worked for an OB/GYN and most of the time spotting is not a sign of anything seriously wrong. From what I understand you had a miscarriage a few months ago (my sincere condolences, I've had several and know how it feels) and it can take the body a few months to regulate itself. Even if your cycle came back like clockwork in the beginning.
    I tested positive for pregnancy almost 2 months AFTER my last miscarriage when I was in the hospital having a procedure done, so the pregnancy hormones can last a while and they can wreck havoc with your body. It could be that they have finally left your system and your body is just readjusting. But your doctor will be able to tell you for sure, but don't get too anxious as it could be nothing serious at all. Lot's of things affect us women. Stress, anxiety, diet, exercise, etc. can cause cycle problems.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3208581;
    And MRD - I'm going to remind you of one thing you already know... breathe. When you're about to freak out just stop and breathe consciously. Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat. Old joke, but true.
    That's what the nurse tells me each week as they remove the catheter!!!
    Breathing is not the soothing thing it used to be for me now because of that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks, MRD. My mind is jumping to worse case scenarios and it helps to hear that this can be a very minor issue and nothing to worry about. The nurse thought that because I've had two normal cycles since my miscarriage, that this would be unrelated to the miscarriage, but they only followed by hCG levels down to 5, and not zero. So maybe you are right, maybe I just now went back to zero. I hope it's just something small like that. I think it's extra hard right now for me to think positively about this because the pregnancy went worse case scenario, and my recent trip to the cosmetic doc went worse case, too. So now this.

One thing that I fairly recently learned about the breathing that has helped me is to do this: breathe from your stomach, not from your chest (put your hand on your tummy and feel it rising and falling) and when you exhale, give yourself a few seconds of a pause to rest with your lungs empty before inhaling again. For a long time people would tell me to breathe, or breathe slowly, but if I was in a panic or feeling very anxious it never went right. I could still breathe deeply and slowly and feel tingling in my hands from hyperventilation! So I gave up on the whole breathing helps you thing. But then I started doing the exhale, pause, inhale and that helps. I don't think I pause like that unless I'm truly relaxed.
    Hope that helps.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

For all of you folks who are given to becoming overwhelmed when too much is going on, I've got to share with you what my mother shared with me. Make a list. Break things down into small, manageable steps. You will see that you are making headway, and you will feel better; mark things off your list. There's no need to try to do everything at once. Try not to worry about things that you cannot change; it's pointless. And remember what Gut said....breathe.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If that doesn't work for you, my signature line offers never-fail advice
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD- I know how you feel whenever I get an anxiety attack my neck turns red and then there are times I can't breathe. Like that time I had the coughing fit and then I couldn't breathe. Have you tried yoga? That tends to help and it relaxes you.

Onei- I hope you feel better real soon and the doctor helps you with your problem.

It was a year ago yesterday that Critter died, and I still miss her. Last night I looked at pictures of her on my phone and then today I went to her grave and did a little clearing and visiting.

+ Reply to Thread