+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

onei, you need to see your gyno about that. It can be normal for women who take birth control but if you have regular cycles, you should have it checked out for sure.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But, then again, it doesn't take much to throw your cycle into an idiot tailspin.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sunday morning I woke up and my hand was hurting. On Saturday I had ridden our 4-wheeler (ATV) and it has a hand throttle that you push with your thumb so I thought that I had just aggravated my arthritis by doing that. Throughout the day Sunday it kept getting worse. Last night I held ice on it to help with any swelling. The pain woke me up several times in the night and I finally just got up at around 4 a.m. and put more ice on it. I got in to see the Doctor this morning and the x-ray shows that I have a chipped bone in my thumb close to my wrist. I have NO idea how this happened. I don't remember hitting it on anything. So now I have this stupid splint that I have to wear for at least 2 weeks. I guess it could be worse. The splint holds my thumb immobile but the rest of my fingers are open and usable. And I can remove it to wash, so it's not as bad as a cast, but I am so frustrated that something hurts this bad and I don't know how I injured myself. Ok, enough feeling sorry for myself.

Onei.... I'm glad your eye is getting better and I hope it continues to improve. I have lots of issues with my cycle too, but since I'm 49 years old mine can be blamed on menopause. I'll just be glad when I'm finally done with it.

Well, I'm off to take a pain pill and a nap.

onei-get thee to a doctor to get checked out! Don't mess around.

lil bit-ouch! Don't you hate when that happens? Did they say they had to go in to remove the bone chip?

I hope not. For now I am supposed to wear the splint and come back in 2 weeks unless it gets worse. The nurse called me this afternoon and said the radiologist says there was a previous injury in that area which may be the cause of the problem. But I don't remember injuring myself there in the past either. Over the years I haven't been exactly gentle with my hands. I've done a lot of hard physical labor, which I am in the process of eliminating from my life if it's at all possible, but I think the damage has been done. Between the arthritis, previous carpal tunnel surgeries on both hands and now this, my hands are a mess. And yet, I can't keep my stupid behind off this computer! How sad is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3207621;
    Between the arthritis, previous carpal tunnel surgeries on both hands and now this, my hands are a mess. And yet, I can't keep my stupid behind off this computer! How sad is that?
    FORT has been proven to be highly addictive. Also, therapeutic. I think it works.

More seriously, lil bit, that sounds really painful-- I hope you get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3207621;
    Over the years I haven't been exactly gentle with my hands. I've done a lot of hard physical labor, which I am in the process of eliminating from my life if it's at all possible, but I think the damage has been done. Between the arthritis, previous carpal tunnel surgeries on both hands and now this, my hands are a mess. And yet, I can't keep my stupid behind off this computer! How sad is that?
    I can relate to you, having done physical work since I was 14 and just beginning to taper back into more desk work this last year, I am telling you, there are days when my hands feel something awful, same with the knees, back, etc., especially when it is damp outside. I can predict rain better than Doppler. Had I known then, I wouldn't have been so "tough' sometimes like when I was in retailing and we used to switch out those old 1950s NCR electric cash registers, I used to pick them up by myself, unless it was a double drawer unit - STUPID.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Gabriel, my knees are more reliable than the acu-forecast.

Yeah, if I'd thought I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself a long time ago. I ache in places I didn't think you could ache.

Well all, my usually sunny personality is taking a beating these days.
    I'm really feeling a bit depressed. Mostly due to the ongoing bladder issues which are NOT getting better. The dr. yesterday said I need to be patient, but this has been going on for ove 6 weeks n ow and the pain really gets to me.
    Plus, I'm working a LOT more than I first expected. Not that I don't like my job, but it can be intense at times and the hours cut into my free time. And I think the intensity is also not helping the bladder. I won't say stress, because I love what I'm doing and I don't think it's all that stressful. Just intense.

Add in the moving thing (we get the keys today) and I'm a basket case. My anxiety has ramped up again (partly due to all that's going on and I'm worried about the financial crisis and what its going to mean to my husband's business. One client has already cut back on the work as she had money in the stock market).

I know that once we get moved, things will be a lot better. Moving is hugely stressful and I'm just so over it already. I fell over a pile of boxes in the living room yesterday and caught myself on the rocking chair, so I didn't go all the way down, but I thought I was.

Anyway, I hate to be such a whiney crybaby right now, but I'm really struggling to just maintain these days. I know it's temporary and that helps. I just wish I knew how temporary the bladder thing was going to be. 2 weeks ago the dr. told me it could take 6-8 months to really see an improvement. I honestly am getting sick of going weekly for a catherization procedure and dread having to keep doing this for 6 months.

OK, pity party over. I need to go to work and that usually helps me a great deal while I'm there. I keep pretty busy and can't think of all my other petty problems.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Don't call it a pity party, MRD. Call it sharing information. The rest of us can't offer you support if we don't know what's going on. I really hope that your physical issues are resolved soon. Moving into a new house is SO much fun. I hate the packing part and the actual moving. But I love the part about moving into a completely different space and putting everything away. And everything is just so neat and organized - at least for a little while anyway. Just take things slow and easy and when things start to bog you down ask yourself - "Is this really that important?" Most of the time, I find that it's really not. I'm just getting myself all worked up for nothing. Keep us posted on what's going on with you. And post pictures of the new house!!!

MRD, we got your back! I wish we could "get" your bladder, too, but maybe at a later date. I'm sure it's frustrating when your health is not the best. Maybe a week after the move you'll feel better. I'm glad that you have a job that you enjoy so much. That's got to help!

+ Reply to Thread