+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1778Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

I don't have diabetes, thank goodness, but I did have to receive blood thinner injections a number of years ago, and they gave them to me (with the same type of needle that diabetics use) in my abdomen. The abdomen shots are not as painful, from what I understand. Even my diabetic friends, who inject in their abdomens, have said so. I'm pretty sure the visiting nurses weren't using the needles that "didn't hurt as much". And I am quite the sissy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3201742;
    I would check with the medical part of your insurance since the pharmacy part of your insurance will not cover the pen needles. Sometimes the medical part (the company that pays the doctor/hospital instead of the pharmacy company) will pay for medical supplies. Also, I would call the pharmacy customer service # on your insurance card and ask how the prior auth process works. Sometimes, in the case of children, the doctor can fill out a form to request an exception be made for the pen needles as kids are less likely to be able to inject themselves accurately without a pen. It would sure be worth a shot to try each of these avenues.
    Thanks for the info. Those are all certainly worth a try. Sometimes they make you work hard for it, but you end up finding a solution. Will let you know if it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3201745;
    I don't have diabetes, thank goodness, but I did have to receive blood thinner injections a number of years ago, and they gave them to me (with the same type of needle that diabetics use) in my abdomen. The abdomen shots are not as painful, from what I understand. Even my diabetic friends, who inject in their abdomens, have said so.
    My son actually prefers the stomach shots as well. They started out with his arms, but he says the stomach shots are easier to take.

I'm sorry to hear about your son KeepItReal. I know how much it hurts to see your children suffering.
    Zac was doing much, much better this evening. I called on my way home from work to see how he was doing and he asked if I was coming by. I didn't intend to but what could I say? Of course I went. .

Unk, I'm glad Zac is rallying. I don't know very much about childhood leukemia, but it sounds like his recovery will be full of ups and downs. Everytime I see you post about him, I try to imagine how I would cope if it were one of my girls, and I hope I could be as strong as you are for Zac. to you and your family.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Unk I'm so glad Zac is doing better and you went to see him! I pray for him every night as do my neighbors and friends.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Unk it is good news to hear that Zac is doing better. I love that he enjoys spending time with you.

My bad news...I found out yesterday that my job is being outsourced to India. I have until Feb 1 to find another spot in the company. I feel as though I have been punched in the gut. It seems like a small issue compared to some of the things I read in this thread, so I am almost ashamed to even post about it. I carry the health insurance for my family, so if I don't find a job by February, we will lose our coverage. That would mean we could be one illness away from ruin.

Sorry to hear that Ana. We did that 5 years ago and it was so hard to watch people I've worked with have to leave the company. It really irritates me because the companies think they are saving money by outsourcing but all they are doing is wasting company time by having people sit on hold and ask "excuse me?" over and over again because they can't understand the darn person on the phone!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am telling you...this country is so off in the toilet right now that it's not funny. Yeah, there are jobs out there to be had, but so many people are taking a beating. Ana, I can just imagine your panic and worry right now. It can be hard to get yourself to the place where you think outside of the box, but that's just about what you have to do. I wish blessings upon you and your family.

Unk.....Zac..... Love to you both, and your family. I just can't imagine.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm so sorry, Ana. I hope you can find a new job at your company quickly.

+ Reply to Thread