+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1658Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD

Re: Talk about your troubles

Unk, you left out a vital part of Zac's therapy in that explanation (thanks for that by the way, it is interesting how they treat kids like Zac) and that would be Grandpa Therapy.
    Looks like Grandpa therapy seems to be working EXTREMELY well for Zac.

BTW, I have been getting emails occasionally from people I gave Zac's name to for prayer chains and they email to get updates on how he's doing. I usually copy your posts and send back to them for their update. I hope that's ok? My neighbor who walks everyday, now greets me when she sees me with: "What's the latest on Zac?"
    He has lots of people pulling for him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I love your new Av Unk, that haircut becomes you I hope that Zac continues to do well, and it is so great that you are supporting him like that. Kids just amaze me with their resiliency and you are a great grandpa to him.

Zac is so fortunate to have a grandpa like you to stick by him. My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Glad to hear Zac is doing well with his treatments!

My troubles are surely small potatoes compared to what others are going through, but anyway, I have TMJ, and it flared up a couple days ago and it's beginning to drive me crazy. I get a dull ache in my jaw and my ear whenever I chew, yawn, talk, or open my mouth more than half an inch. I probably shouldn't complain, because this hasn't happened in awhile, but I also hadn't been eating the foods I'm supposed to avoid (anything chewy, pizza crusts, etc) so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3197137;

He goes to clinic once a week to have his blood work done an receive treatment. He asked his dad what was going to happen if he had to go to clinic on Wednesdays as that's "my day with grandpa and we can't go then." I told him then I would come on Thursdays instead. God love him.
    Glad to hear he is hanging in there. It is sweet that he is more worried about Grandpa time than his treatment.

I am glad to hear he's doing well, Unk. Nodoubt the time you spend with him is something that cannot ever be put into words. But I know, from my experience, having someone you love consistently there for you is so precious.

Thanks for the update, Unk! I love the avatar! God bless you for being such a wonderful source of love, strength, and fun for Zac during this time.

Unk - I don't know if anyone has brought this up to you, but cancer support groups are just amazing. I go to one once a month at our local hospital and we have family members in addition to current and past cancer patients. I'm sure there are some near you that you, Zac's parents, and/or Zac could go to.
    Count your blessings!

Have his friends kept in touch? Is he allowed to have visitors or are the docs afraid that he might pick something up from them (other kids, I mean)?
    He has some cousins and his older sister that he sees quite often. There has been several weeks that he has to stay away from crowds when his counts are down.

I usually copy your posts and send back to them for their update. I hope that's ok?
    That's fine with me and I appreciate everyone that is praying for him.

Zac is so fortunate to have a grandpa like you to stick by him.
    I feel very fortunate to have a grandson like him that has taught me so much these past few weeks.

God bless you for being such a wonderful source of love, strength, and fun for Zac during this time.
    And he has returned that to me threefold.

Missy I hope you can get back to normal soon. It's no fun to be in pain.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 09-13-2008 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3197517;
    Glad to hear Zac is doing well with his treatments!

My troubles are surely small potatoes compared to what others are going through, but anyway, I have TMJ, and it flared up a couple days ago and it's beginning to drive me crazy. I get a dull ache in my jaw and my ear whenever I chew, yawn, talk, or open my mouth more than half an inch. I probably shouldn't complain, because this hasn't happened in awhile, but I also hadn't been eating the foods I'm supposed to avoid (anything chewy, pizza crusts, etc) so who knows.
    I worked with a girl who had TMJ. I am so sorry for your pain. She had a few flare ups when we worked together and she was so miserable. She did finally have surgery and it seemed to work for her. Not sure which surgery she had though.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

+ Reply to Thread