+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1998Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

A dear internet friend has an incurable cancer. We've known each other for six years now. She's going to have to give up her animals, which she dearly loves and move out of her house to a housing care facility. I read one of her entries this morning and had a good cry. She's very strong in her faith and for the most part, handles this better than I could ever hope to.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

All the best wishes to your friend agamergirl. She's lucky to have such a good friend.
    CYA

MRD

Buglover, I'm so sorry. (I have been offline for 2 days) Men don't get it. A few weeks ago I posted that it was my parents wedding anniversary. It was also my MIL's birthday and I said something to my husband and he didn't even remember and it didn't seem to affect him at all.

My mom's birthday is Sept 11. Thur. Always a hard day, but I made plans that will have me totally distracted that day. I'm giving a 90 minute speech on the history of military rations to 300 HS kids. I don't think I'll have time to even think about anything until after that's over.

Agamrgirl, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I've now had parents and several friends die and they all knew they were terminal beforehand and handled it with such grace when I did not think I could handle it at all. But that may be part of their acceptance of their illness.

Sending hugs to all of you!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

agamrgirl. MRD. I'll be thinking about you on Thursday.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never believed in working on stressful days.....anniversary of my mother's death, her birth....my birthday (), and whatever else. I give myself carte blanche to relax and do whatever makes me happy and pampers me a bit. Things at work always go stupidly wrong when I am distracted by certain kinds of stress, so I just do the day MY way. Better for me to relax to bring some peace and tranquility into my own life. That way, I can be nicer to other folks.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'd be taking a lot of personal days!
    Let's see:
    February 14th - my mom loved to give me a valentine
    May - Mother's Day
    July - 4th of July my mom went into the hospital
    July 20th- my daughter's birthday
    August 11th - My mother passed away
    September 8th - Mom's Birthday
    September 14th - My daughter passed away
    Halloween - Mom's favorite holiday
    Thanksgiving - Mom and Grandma are not there
    Christmas - you get the idea!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so I pick my days carefully, so as not to get excessive, but I definitely took them. No shame in my game. I always felt I was honoring the person, usually my mother, by tending to myself. So many of us neglect ourselves, and a lot of times, we learned it from our mothers. I took great pleasure in teaching her about treating herself well...and we'd do it together. She always seemed so amazed. Fun, and great memories!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I completely agree shay. I was just being a pain in the you know what!!
    My mom never had an issue with treating herself well. The thing I had to teach her was that people really did care about her. She always felt people didn't like her because she did everything for herself and would never let anyone help her.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3193350;
    I'd be taking a lot of personal days!
    Let's see:
    February 14th - my mom loved to give me a valentine
    May - Mother's Day
    July - 4th of July my mom went into the hospital
    July 20th- my daughter's birthday
    August 11th - My mother passed away
    September 8th - Mom's Birthday
    September 14th - My daughter passed away
    Halloween - Mom's favorite holiday
    Thanksgiving - Mom and Grandma are not there
    Christmas - you get the idea!
    Aww bug, I hear you, Just wanted to let you and everyone know my dad has been moved to Hospice. Please keep me in your prayers and I will keep you all in my prayers as well.

paridy, you and your family are in my thoughts everyday. I hope you find some peace during this time. It's really rough.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread