+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thank You all so very much for your kind words of support. They mean more than I can say. The service will be on Monday and his daughter wants it to be more of a celebration of his life so there will be no viewing at the funeral home just a church service where they will have pictures of him through the years and some of his favorite music will be played. They had the same kind of ceremony for his late wife when she passed and it was an absolutely beautiful tribute to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3191298;
    I hope your niece can get past the shock of it all too. She must have still been in honeymoon mode from the wedding, preparations, actual honeymoon, etc. and all of a sudden BAM! the shock of her life happens. How sad. My condolences go out to her as well.
    Unfortunately, it was she and her husband who found him. They had just gotten back from their honeymoon and he was to be their first dinner guest. When he was 30 minutes late they began to get worried as Ed has NEVER been late for a meal. When their calls went unanswered they drove over to his house and found him sitting in his chair in the living room, ESPN on the TV and the cat sitting in his lap. It sounds like he just shut his eyes and the angels took over from there. Thanks again everyone.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3191620;
    Thank You all so very much for your kind words of support. They mean more than I can say. The service will be on Monday and his daughter wants it to be more of a celebration of his life so there will be no viewing at the funeral home just a church service where they will have pictures of him through the years and some of his favorite music will be played. They had the same kind of ceremony for his late wife when she passed and it was an absolutely beautiful tribute to her.

Unfortunately, it was she and her husband who found him. They had just gotten back from their honeymoon and he was to be their first dinner guest. When he was 30 minutes late they began to get worried as Ed has NEVER been late for a meal. When their calls went unanswered they drove over to his house and found him sitting in his chair in the living room, ESPN on the TV and the cat sitting in his lap. It sounds like he just shut his eyes and the angels took over from there. Thanks again everyone.
    I am so sorry for you and your family. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Today would have been my mom's 67th birthday. To top off already being emotional, Mr buglover leaves tonight for Mexico for 2 whole weeks. This is just a really rough day.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3192654;
    Today would have been my mom's 67th birthday. To top off already being emotional, Mr buglover leaves tonight for Mexico for 2 whole weeks. This is just a really rough day.
    Sorry to hear that bugs. Stay here a while and let us cheer you up.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks. Right now I'm working and watching Bones finally. I'm at work so I'm really trying not to give in to my need to cry.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I hope that Bones was able to bring you some happiness. May I suggest trying the novels by Kathy Reichs (The author from whom Bones was created). Her books are real page turners and definitely provide needed distractions.

Hugs to you Buglover! You will get through this. Is this the trip for the surgery that you had mentioned previously?

Yes, he is going to have his bunion taken off. I came home early and he was leaving to pick up his kids from school. He really doesn't remember what today is. Oh men!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Bunny - That is such a sad story about your cousin. I'm so sorry to hear about that. I hope he is with his wife now, and very happy. Sounds like he went peacefully, that is always comforting to know.

Buglover - Sorry to hear about your tough day. Distractions are a good way to pass the time - movies, books, getting outside, trying a new recipe for dinner (not the last one for me, I don't usually enjoy cooking, but some do!). Hope you are feeling better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3192654;
    I might know how you feel - I miss my mom daily (since 2001) and distract my loss by doing things in her honor. And I have little talks with myself that would have been things I would have talked to my mom about! Silly, but it works for me. It is like celebrating her memory. My son was born on my mom's birthday so it is a sad/happy day for us.

I hope you can find a way to relax and enjoy your time while Mr. B is out of town. I try to enjoy those times and save things to do when my Mr. C is out of the house! I will be thinking of you and hope you will be okay.

+ Reply to Thread