+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1660Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

My cousin Ed passed away last night at his home. He was only 58. There were 24 of us cousins on my Mom's side of the family, and even though with so many of us there was a large age range in there, we were all pretty close. some closer than others but we all at one point or another spent at least part of our summers on our grandparents farm. He was one of the ones I was particularly close to as he and his family lived very close to us. He lost his wife about 5 years ago and just kind of gave up on life after that. He doted on his daughter who was their only child and really was just living for her. She was married exactly 2 weeks ago tonight in a beautiful seaside ceremony with her Dad proudly walking her down the aisle. Now I realize he was just kind of hanging on until he could walk her down the aisle and he knew she was taken care of.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 09-06-2008 at 12:39 AM.
    CYA

Bunny - I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. It is a blessing that he got to walk his lovely daughter down the aisle and I am sure that she will cherish that memory. You and your family are in our thoughts.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Oh Bunny, I am sorry to read of your cousins passing. Many people when their significant other dies, do go into decline and it was good that he was able to walk his daughter down the aisle. Now he is in a place (or so we'd like to think) reunited with his love.

Bunny, I'm so sorry about your cousin Ed. That's a lovely picture of him and his daughter in your avatar.

Bunny, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm thankful that he was able to walk his daughter down the aisle. That will be comfort to her in the future.

MRD

Bunny I'm so sorry for your and your family's loss. That is a beautiful photo in your avatar. I hope his daughter is ok. It's so wonderful he was able to walk her down the aisle.
    Sending hugs and prayers for all of you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Bunny, I am so sorry to hear of your cousin's passing. Although, it is such a sad time for everyone at least you can be sure that he is being reunited with the love of his life and was able to walk his beautiful daughter down the aisle to meet the love of her life.
    (((((Hugs)))))

My condolences, too, Bunny. Life can be so weird. At least he was able to walk his daughter down the aisle and be there for her on the happiest day of her life. Now he can be reunited and spend eternity with his late wife. Might sound corny, but I believe in stuff like that.

I hope your niece can get past the shock of it all too. She must have still been in honeymoon mode from the wedding, preparations, actual honeymoon, etc. and all of a sudden BAM! the shock of her life happens. How sad. My condolences go out to her as well.

Oh Bunny, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Bunny - I'm sorry for the loss of your cousin. How sweet that he waited until he walked her down the aisle - it brings tears to my eyes.

+ Reply to Thread