+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1581Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm glad your step-grandson is OK, Unk. Appendicitis is no joke. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Unk, I'm sorry the grandkids are all having such a hard time; I'm sure having you around helps a lot!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Unk, sorry to hear about the appendicitis attack. I hope everyone is on the mend soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Unk, sorry to hear about your step-grandson's appendicitis. Don't be too hard on your daughter though. Maybe she thought you had enough to worry about with Zac and didn't want to alarm you until her stepson was in the clear.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

DesertRose, That's what I was thinking. Unk, can't wait to see a pix! I hope you and Zak have a cute party with the shears! Glad your stepgrandson is feeling better (w/the appendix).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3189158;
    I just found out today that my step grandson had an appendicitis attack Monday and had to have his appendix removed. He went in the hospital Monday and got out Tuesday. Everything went fine and he's running around like normal. I'm going to kick my daughter's butt for not calling me sooner.

I just might do that with Zac. My son has a set of clippers.

It is so neat the way surgeries have advanced over the years. Why, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, when I was 12, I had my appendix removed and it was 6 weeks of doing virtually nothing. Today, it's laparoscopic, isn't it?

I also read where they are now able to remove a kidney through your navel...Can You Imagine??? Now, I'm squeamish, but that is one I'd like to see!

With everybody cutting their hair off, is anyone considering an earring?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A nose ring Unk!! That would go very well with your new bald head!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3190157;
    It is so neat the way surgeries have advanced over the years. Why, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, when I was 12, I had my appendix removed and it was 6 weeks of doing virtually nothing. Today, it's laparoscopic, isn't it?

I also read where they are now able to remove a kidney through your navel...Can You Imagine??? Now, I'm squeamish, but that is one I'd like to see!

With everybody cutting their hair off, is anyone considering an earring?
    Yeah, it's really amazing how surgeries have changed. My aunt had 'gamma knife' surgery for brain cancer, which is a type of surgery that does not involve any incisions...!!! Crazy!

I had open heart surgery at 24 to repair a congenital defect (a hole, basically). At the time there was another way of doing it that didn't involve cracking open the sternum, but instead putting a device in through a vein in the groin area and feeding it up to the heart, and then opening the device in the hole to close the hole. Unfortunately, this procedure was 6 months away from FDA approval, so I had to have it done the old fashioned way (which SUCKS) but I see they do the new 'butterfly' technique all of the time and it works great. I should have just waited the 6 months...

Unk sorry to hear about your step Grandson. I hope he feels better soon

MRD

My dad and I had gallbladder surgery about 8 years apart. His was the old, huge cut and long recovery. Mine was laproscopic and I was home the next day and was actually riding roller coasters about 3 weeks later. (which if my doctor had known would have given him a stroke, I'm sure)

Well Unk, if you shave your head and get an earring, just don't wear all white or people will think you're Mr. Clean.

My husband just shaved his head which he does a couple times a year and he looks just like Mr. Clean and he doesn't have an earring or wear all white. But he says he gets tired of people saying that to him.
    I actually like the shaved head look. I think there are some pretty sexy men out there with shaved heads.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread