+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3187622;
    That is part of the problem. The mental health care available in this area is virtually nil and what is available is not good. They have been trying for MONTHS to get her better mental health care and the doctor and facility have been horrible. Her next step is to take the kid to Atlanta which is about 2 hours from here and try to get her some decent care as the care she has been receiving is spotty and shoddy. I am actually APPALLED at the state of mental health care in this state. I have seen 2 different psychiatrists since I moved here and I hate both of them. Both shouldn't even be in the business in my opinion. But I need medication, so I continue to go to my appointments, but I don't bother to tell her anything as she doesn't want to hear it anyway.
    And I thought the mental health care was bad in Florida. It's horrible here.

I hope you get some answers soon. Anxiety is the worst. You've had some progress which is hopeful. Things went well for a year and they will again. In the meantime, I know it's hard, but keep on trying and maybe you can find out what's triggering them.

Have you ever kept a food journal? I have had some serious issues with food in the last few years and when I started keeping a food journal, we were able to pinpoint some things that I was doing or not doing that helped.
    My hypoglycemia can trigger a panic attack quickly. So log what you eat and when yoiu eat it and talk to your anxiety doctor. Maybe get some testing done for low blood sugar.
    Good luck

Famita, I shouldn't have complained because I only had to deal with it for 2 hours and she has it 24/7. I can't imagine what she's going through as 2 hours j ust about wore me out yesterday. I hope they all get some relief soon.

Yeah, there are a lot of bad doctors out there, esp in the mental health area. This is the first time in the last 5 years that I'm seeing people that know what is wrong with me in a really intimate way. They really understand anxiety and panic attacks and it is really nice to deal with people that don't want to just medicate the crap out of you and write you off like you are a hopeless case. Both are optimistic and work closely with me. It's nice, I feel like they actually care about getting me better. But, like I said, it's the first time in 5 years I've been able to say that. There are many inept therapists out there.

I hope your friend's daughter can find a good program to help her and help your friend and her family at the same time. That is a rough situation.

Yeah, when I get anxious I tend to not eat much. And that can make things go from bad to worse. Sometimes my stomach gets so full of butterflies I get nauseated and as you all know it's pretty hard to eat when you are nauseated. Sometimes when my anxiety reaches panic level I dry heave/vomit until there is nothing left in my stomach (sorry, I know that's gross, but that's how bad it gets for me sometimes). So it's hard to eat when it gets bad. I'll try snacking on crackers and stuff but I"m sure it's not enough to sustain me for the day.

Last night after I fell asleep on the couch I woke up in the middle of the night and spent the rest of the night awake, unable to fall back asleep. Every once in awhile I'd start to drift off, but I'd fall into a bizarre, nightmarish dream and wake up in a sweat a couple minutes into it. It's been like this for weeks now. I'm sure there is something bothering me but I honestly don't know what it could be. Sometimes I wonder if it's my lifestyle - all my husband and I do is take on more and more responsibility and work and we never vacation, never take time off, never spend time together, or enjoy the things we've worked for. We've moved to several different cities in the last several years and haven't taken any time to get to know anyone or make friends. So, who knows, maybe the lifestyle isn't working for me very well.

I'm sorry you are having a tough time onei. I haven't slept more than 3 hours in 3 days so I'm just trying not to cry every 2 minutes!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

low blood sugar can definetly set off attacks. I know it's hard to eat when you are nauseated, but crackers are not helping the blood sugar. I know as I was once where you are.

Try eating something every couple of hours. Just a little something like cheese or peanuts. You need some protien and complex carbs to keep the blood sugar on an even keel before it gets the butterflies and you can't eat.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3187647;
    low blood sugar can definetly set off attacks. I know it's hard to eat when you are nauseated, but crackers are not helping the blood sugar. I know as I was once where you are.

Try eating something every couple of hours. Just a little something like cheese or peanuts. You need some protien and complex carbs to keep the blood sugar on an even keel before it gets the butterflies and you can't eat.

Thanks for the advice, I will certainly try to snack on peanuts and cheese (I love cheese, mmm!). I don't think I get enough protein, even when I'm not anxious. I'm happy to try just about anything in hopes it will help.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time, too, Buglover. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3184340;
    That is the sweetest thing ever to shave your head to be like Zac
    It looks like that might be happening next week This was today. He's almost lost it all.

You tell Zac that he is quite the handsome little man with the bald look going on! Don't forget to post your photo after the visit to the barber...

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3188078;
    You tell Zac that he is quite the handsome little man with the bald look going on! Don't forget to post your photo after the visit to the barber...
    I agree! Zac is adorable and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Such a handsome guy! I think you should let him shave your head Unk! I bet he'll love that!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I think the two of you should have a head shaving party! He would like that, I bet.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I just found out today that my step grandson had an appendicitis attack Monday and had to have his appendix removed. He went in the hospital Monday and got out Tuesday. Everything went fine and he's running around like normal. I'm going to kick my daughter's butt for not calling me sooner.

I just might do that with Zac. My son has a set of clippers.

Last edited by Unklescott; 09-04-2008 at 06:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread