+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 195960616263646566676869707172737475767778791191695691069 ... LastLast
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

nausicaa - sorry about your frustrating week. A few things...quite often, teachers will allow you to improve your grade if you are willing to do some sort of extra work or projects. I know, you are already busy enough but it could bring you up a grade, but first you will need to talk to your teacher and let them know how serious you are about improving your grade. Regarding your choice of colleges, they don't always go on grades alone. There are so many other important factors involved in college admissions. Other things to think about would your role and participation in various groups/activities at school and volunteer efforts or involvement in your community. Schools such as Stanford want well rounded people in their community. They get thousands of 4.0 and higher GPA applicants with near 1600 SAT's who don't even get considered. They want students who will bring something interesting into their community and while grades are important, it isn't the only factor addressed during admissions.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    That is a very tough decision to make. I have friends who have been in the closet their whole lives. I think that it is such a personal decision and one that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Do you have a core group of friends that would suppport you? How supportive is your family?

If you need someone to talk to I am here. I am just trying to get more of read on the situation before I say one way or another. I don't know if there is a "right" answer to this one, but I am here if you needs someone.
    aw, thanks for letting me know I have someone to talk to about this.

so about my friends, if my friends found out, i wouldnt have friends, i would be harrassed. and I know, people say well then they aren't your true friend to begin with, but there are some people who have friends that would support them, but for me my friends would be like... "I don't want to hang with him, people will think I'm gay" And as for my family, ehh, they wouldn't be too happy, They wouldn't disown me, but they would probably be dissapointed.

It's not easy going through sophmore year of highschool being in the closet. It's REALLY tough.

FORT Fogey
    I feel rotten about a friend of mine who just confided in me that she's having an affair behind the back of her husband.

How sad.

Even more sad, she's having the affair with a real loser, a total jerk, and she knows it.

She knows she's going to get very hurt and that her marriage will never survive this; she is throwing away some very good career opportunities to be with the loser guy (who's also cheating to be with my friend).

I just hate watching as she knowingly self-destructs.

Ick! Pom I feel for ya. I hate watching ppl flush their lives for a few fleeting moments of ah!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl91
    Group projects are the things I despise. I mean, they are good, and I agree with what Mariner said, but my group projects are always turning out bad. Because everyone thinks I am so smart, whenever we have a group project, they always leave me doing all the work. Our teacher doesnt even seem to care, because hes too busy talking to the cheerleaders in our class. Then, my friend has to choose either me or our other friend. I dont want her to have to choose a partner, but if she chooses me, the other girl gets irritated. Then, if she chooses the other girl, I am left working by myself. That is why I dont like group projects. You also get in alot of arguments.
    A positive attitude can really flip a group project into high gear. Can you take it upon yourself to remind everyone once in a while that this is a group project? Group project: as in more than one person doing all the work?

If you are the only one working on the projects, and they turn out crappy - how can you blame everyone else?

Is this about group projects or is it about which friend picks what other friend and who talks to cheerleaders?

(these are just some of the issues I would bring up to my kid if she were in this situation)

Thats good advice JD. Thanks! I have a problem though. My friend always starts these fights with me. Its stupid. Today I told her I was gonna start studying for my math test, and she thought i was stupid. she ended the conversation by almost calling me a bitch and by telling me never to talk to her again. stupid huh? and then she apologizes and thats it. she does this all the time. what do i do to make it seem like im not always accepting her apologies and letting her win?

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl91
    Thats good advice JD. Thanks! I have a problem though. My friend always starts these fights with me. Its stupid. Today I told her I was gonna start studying for my math test, and she thought i was stupid. she ended the conversation by almost calling me a bitch and by telling me never to talk to her again. stupid huh? and then she apologizes and thats it. she does this all the time. what do i do to make it seem like im not always accepting her apologies and letting her win?
    There seems to be a lot of details missing here , weathergirl. Were you at home? At school? Do you spend a lot of time with her? What was the situation leading up to the argument?
    Last edited by Burntcrow; 03-01-2005 at 01:07 PM.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet Soup
    so about my friends, if my friends found out, i wouldnt have friends, i would be harrassed. and I know, people say well then they aren't your true friend to begin with, but there are some people who have friends that would support them, but for me my friends would be like... "I don't want to hang with him, people will think I'm gay" And as for my family, ehh, they wouldn't be too happy, They wouldn't disown me, but they would probably be dissapointed.

It's not easy going through sophmore year of highschool being in the closet. It's REALLY tough.
    Sorry to hear that you're going through this tough time.
    Just remember, before you know it..school will be over and you're going to be living your life, with or (most likely) WITHOUT these people around to give a hoot what your sexual preference is.
    Always be true to yourself, and if you can do that...you're ahead of the game.
    Good luck in everything.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I was at home, and we were on AIM. She just asked me if I was gonna watch AI4. And I told her I had to study first. Thats when she started telling me how stupid that was. I told her that she didnt have to study, but I was still going to, because I wanted to make sure I understood the chapter. She then ended by telling me that was stupid, and she said that was a mean thing for me to say. Then she logged off, and logged back on. I sent out a group message to everyone, telling them to pray for a snow day. She wrote me asking me if I was trying to piss her off. I said no, and she started saying how stupid and retarded it was that i sent out a group message to people that dont even go to our school. i told her i didnt mean to, and she called me retarded. when i tried to stop her arguing, i told her it seemed like we were both PMSng. She then said it was just me. I said something like, well it seems like we both are. And she said, No i am always like this. then she ended by almost calling me a B**** and she apologized later. She always gets in stupid fights with me, out of nowhere. and then she apologizes. i dont want it to seem like she wins and i always forgive her. but it would be mean not to.

to Maveno

How close of a friend is this girl Weathergirl? Forgiveness is good, though. You don't want unforgiveness to live inside you. You will make yourself sick. Just remember how this girl is and don't let it get to you.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread