+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1619Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm so sorry to hear that, paridy. You're in my thoughts.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I'm so sorry paridy.

UNKLESCOTT - How is Zach doing?

He's hanging in there. He has chemo weekly which he does at home. His dad administers it to him. He was in the hospital last week and the week before for a couple of days each time. He was running a fever and his blood counts were down. They did blood work to make sure he didn't have a bacterial infection. He's also had a couple of blood transfusions. He won't be going to school but will be getting a tutor from the school system to come to the home. I pick him up every Wednesday and we spend the day together. This week it was Magic Mountain. The week before he was in the hospital so we spent the day playing Wii. it's a tough job being a grandpa. They had some professional photographers at the hospital taking pictures for free. We had ours taken together and they will be giving us a portfolio. I'll post them when i get them.

He's in great spirits. You would never know he was ill when you meet him. He is starting to lose his hair though. I'll probably be shaving mine when his is gone. The girl that cuts my hair said it would be a privilege to shave me when the time comes and she would do it for nothing. He's an amazing young man.
    Thanks again to all of you for your support. It means so much to me and also to Zac. He's well aware that people all over the country are pulling for him.

paridy - you are in my thoughts and prayers

onei0091 - I am so very sorry to hear of your recent loss. I also lost an child very early in my pregnancy many years ago. Panic attacks were an issue for me at the time as well. It seems many of us have walked in those shoes.

buglover - sounds like a pretty crappy situation for you right now. I hope Mr. Bug wakes up to his ex-wife's shenanigans sooner rather than later! May you have the patience you need until he gets it.

Unklescott - thanks so much for the Zac update!

It sounds like Zac has the greatest attitude. It can be pretty scary to start losing your hair, but I bet Zac feels wonderful knowing his grandpa will be right there with him.

Unk you made me cry. That is the sweetest thing ever to shave your head to be like Zac. Let that handsome boy know we have so many groups praying for him everyday. He is in our thoughts every minute to get better. I'm so glad he is in good spirits.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Unk, thanks for the Zac update. He continues to be in our prayers and is on the prayer list and prayer chain of many, many people from SC to FL.

We must see the photos of you and Zac once you have shaved your head?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Unk - hugs and prayers to you and yours. My passport photo for the next 8 years is GI Jane peachfuzz bald. Did you know there are Mehndi tattoos (last a couple of weeks - henna) for bald heads? I was tempted when I was bald. Maybe a fun grandpa/son project. Let me know if you want me to run down that info.
    Count your blessings!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Unklescott, you have an amazing grandson who shows strength and courage in his daily life. You're a wonderful grandfather, too, and I think you will look wickedly handsome with a bald head! Wishing only good thoughts for Zac...

+ Reply to Thread